• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't help but be a little disappointed . . .

top_kat

I know I shouldn't be. But I am. lol

I'm 4 weeks post op today, and I've lost a total of 36lbs. I lost 3 this week which has taken me down to 300lb and it was my week of really being into "mush". I had hoped however, to reach my mini target of being UNDER 300lb a week earlier than my target . . .so while I know that I've done ok, and I AM pleased that I've lost over 2 1/2 stone in such a short time, I can't help but feel a little disappointed . . .

I have no restriction in my band and get my first fill a week today on my birthday :eek: (5 wks post op) they said I could postpone to the following week, but this is a choice I've made for life and my birthday (40th or not lol) is just another day in the scheme of things . . .I need that fill tho, I have no restriction and I know its only sheer willpower that is getting me through . . .but even then, knowing that I'm doing it through willpower, that I've still lost 3lb and that amount in such a short time . . .

I just can't help feel a little disappointed. I do find that if I "eat" in terms of having my mush meal, that my mind is battling between knowing it wants to eat, needing to eat, but guilt feelings for actually eating it. All rather bizarre. :cool:

On the other hand, I have reached one of my other mini goals of getting over a 10% loss. I know. I shouldn't be disappointed in what I have done . . .but its hard not to at times.

Hi Kat,

I feel your disappointment but you are doing do well, when you go to mush your body does start to a just and i have not lost anything for a week x

Will power is tough!

Keep going lovely Kat x you can do this!

Jane x

You are doing so well, and with no fill!!

Give yourself a break, think how long it took to put the weight on.

Your doing amazing xxxx

I know. And I've lost inches and pounds and a whole lot of other things besides and I know I should be pleased and I am. I just can't help feel a little disappointed lol

Can't wait for my fill next week to really get going and started and I've got my induction/intro at the gym this afternoon too.

OMG stop putting yourself down you are doing amazing look at what you have achieved so far.....:). Keep strong and keep going xxxx

Top kat. Don't be disappointed, you have done fabulously. AND even with restriction, will power will ALWAYS be needed to make sure a bander makes the best food choices! If you can do this on sheer will power, you will achieve your overall goals. This is a long term solution :D having said that, I am sure many banders out there would be whooping in ecstasy to have lost as much as you have in such a short period of time x

Ah Hunni we all set ourselves up and sometimes expect too much from ourselves you have done amazing so far keep up the good work xxx

Hello There - Your 4 weeks post op and you have lost 36lbs and your disappointed - lol - I'd be jumping from the roof tops me - The average weekly weight loss for a bander is 1-2 lbs as most providers will tell you so and the fact you lost 3lbs recently is above the average weight loss x - Until you get your first fill it is all about will power as most have/will find out & your quite right birthday or not its a change for life x and @ head hunger gets us all from time to time the fact that you recognize it is a good thing. Keep doing what your doing and bl**dy well done on your weight loss - All the best BD xx

ahhh Kat, don't be disappointed! You are doing so so well. That is an amazing amount of weight. Cast your mind back before you had the op, and how excited you would have been to loose that much! I have lost 1stone, 3lb so far, and I have been unable to loose any weight for 2 years before op due to diabetes, and never could have lost that on my own, so give yourself a pat on the back girl!!

ALSO, your goal date for -300lb is not until your birthday, which means if you loose 1lb this week you would have done it!

We will have goals - some we will meet and some we will meet slightly later than planned, but you will reach them, hey this time last year did you think that you would be losing weight on your 40th!

Had my first fill yesterday, 2ml so now have 3.2. I had worked myself up so much worrying the day and night before - will they find the port, will i get a trainee butcher, what if the previous 1ml wasn't in there, will it hurt, everything you can imagine, so I will say to you if you are with THG, as it will be your birthday, don't waste the time worrying, they are lovely, it is not as bad as an injection IMO, and you feel it straight away. You have to drink a cup of cold water and a hot drink before you are allowed to go, which fills you up for hours, then i managed 10 spoons of soup, ha ha, so no birthday cake for you luvvy!

I will wait to see on the 27th to see if you have achieved your goal! I know you will

Lots of love xxx

Hey kat:)

Don't be dispointed that amazing ur weight loss 2half stone in 1month is brilliant
I've lost 1stone 8 in same time as u.

I no it prob not nice having fill on ur birthday but think this time next yr where u will be!

I no somtime it hard when we been used to eating nice thing just to eat mush is hard but it a change our body needs.

Keep ur chin up chick
Here if u need me
Lisa x

That's incredible!! Think how long it would have taken you without the band. Well done! That's so much in such a short time x

I hope I can loose it that quickly. Well done. Look forward not back. xox

Back