• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A question i asked myself (and the answer)

hmd12

To all those wondering if WLS is for them..........

I was sitting filing my nails this morning, something I never did pre op, and I asked myself why is it that I now file my nails regularly, ensure I fully moisturise after every shower, make sure my legs and under arms are stubble free, regularly give my self a pedicure, put treatments on my hair, I'm even thinking of have eye lash extensions and getting my teeth whitened, in fact all the things my slim friends have always done to look after themselves but I didn't......

The answer is simple, I like myself again, thank you WLS for giving me back me, I still have 2 1/2 stone to loose but feel good, healthy, full of life and full of energy.

So to all of you in doubt, go for it, don't let your weight get in the the way of your life anymore

Your post just made me cry, but in a good way. I cant wait until I am where you are. You have just removed any doubt I may have had. Well done. Thank you!! :)

hi,im a qualified nail tech so have always had my nails done etc to make myself look good no matter what size i was,its always good to feel good about urself xx

What a lovely, positive post! Thank you

I have no doubts what so ever. I used to take gr8 care of myself before I got this big but don't do any of that stuff anymore - I can't wait to be post-op and start liking myself again x

Truly fantastic to read a post like this, an inspiration to us all to look forward to a bright future.

hmd12 said:
To all those wondering if WLS is for them..........

I was sitting filing my nails this morning, something I never did pre op, and I asked myself why is it that I now file my nails regularly, ensure I fully moisturise after every shower, make sure my legs and under arms are stubble free, regularly give my self a pedicure, put treatments on my hair, I'm even thinking of have eye lash extensions and getting my teeth whitened, in fact all the things my slim friends have always done to look after themselves but I didn't......

The answer is simple, I like myself again, thank you WLS for giving me back me, I still have 2 1/2 stone to loose but feel good, healthy, full of life and full of energy.

So to all of you in doubt, go for it, don't let your weight get in the the way of your life anymore

I agree, I paint my nails and buy makeup. I do all the things you said and I love it. It's not a chore it's a treat to do it too. I look in the mirror all the time too another thing I never used to do before!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's very true, I had started to think ugh what's the point no obe looks at me like that anyway but now I do it and the only person I do it for is me :) x

mayamoo said:
It's very true, I had started to think ugh what's the point no obe looks at me like that anyway but now I do it and the only person I do it for is me :) x

That exactly how I feel,

funny , but i have no aspiration towards pretty dresses , skirts , heels , etc & pampering myself just doesn't ever occur to me . if i put makeup on its usually under duress from my daughter .

i do this now :) ive gone vein haha

nichola24 said:
i do this now :) ive gone vein haha

I'm sure you mean vain lol x

I absolutely agree, as I've gotten bigger I've let myself go...as long as I'm clean and tidy I'm happy, well no not happy but you know what I mean.
I can't wait to buy nice clothes and high heels and love myself enough to start wearing make up again.
Em xxxx

Hi it is a positive post, however I am with Pandora, I never and still don't use make up or bother with my nails unless i am going out for a night out or going on holiday, i always make sure my hair looks ok very rarely wear any make up or nail varnish for work, just like to make a big difference when i go out, because when i go out on the town, as soon as I leave home I am me, not a mother or a wife or a school T.A. just me thats the difference and my treat but thats what i have always done. The clothes bit has changed a bit but just smaller sizes still wear similar type I am fashionable in my own way, my daughter often shakes her head and says "MOTHER WTH" if we shopping its "NO MOTHER PUT IT DOWN ". so the best answer is really do what you feel is right for you, Pandora n I, are just a bit different, but hey thats what makes the world go round, be boring place if we were all tha same xx live your life the way you want to xx

Back