• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i have a question............

cherry

so im thining back of my appointment with Mr Balupuri... and he asked me when climbin up the stairs how many flights it took before i got out of breath... my answer was well a normal flight in the house, if im carrying my 1 yr old, i can feel it :wave_cry: will this hinder my op?.... or is it just for info xx

thanks sweetpea x

I think the science behind it is to see if you have any underlying heart or lung problems. Shortness of breath is a sign of that. Its normal to get out of breath sometimes but if you can only do say 5 stairs then they may do further investigations. Thats my understanding of it anyway, Its what I understood from the heart doctor I had to see for my tests. Hope this helps Kelly :D x

o noooooo so they mght wanna check my heart/lungs etc sniiiiiff i know there s nothing wrong with them its cos im so unfit x

I remember when they asked me that question. I told them I could probably manage five flights of stairs ... BUT it would take me a month! xx

omg what if ive answered it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i thought he ment comfortabley without getting out of breath i could do more than one set of house stairs but i said to him well if im carrying my son id get out of breath.... oooo **** o nooooo what if this sets me back! x

Don't be a dafthead! They laughed at me when I said about it taking a month. You said exactly the right thing x

Stop panicking.

You can't answer a question like that wrong. You answered truthfully.

Surely it's more important to answer ALL questions truthfully, even if that means you need a couple of extra test or may have to wait an extra week. At least you'll know your safe and fit enough for the anasetic and surgery.

I got asked the same question at my first appointment. I have 2 flights of stairs to my bedroom and told her I can manage them just fine, I'm normally puffed out because I end up running up them! When you have 4 children plus a few childminding children to look after you end up running everywhere! ;)

oooo i answered all my questions truthfully, but im wondering if i missed read his question.....ooo come to think of it now, i must have, he pulled a funny face when i said one flight and then he repeated it hahhahahaha ooo dero

Stop panicking Kelly...otherwise you'll end up stones lighter by the end of this through sheer nervous exhaustion!!!!!! Like Lucy says, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer...just a truthful one! Imho, Dottychic has got it right, the question was simply to assess whether you have any underlying cardiovascular problems that would need to be addressed before surgery could be considered, to reduce risks etc! xxx

Dont panic Kelly you havnt aswered it wrongly atall! You are going to be fine, they would only be worried if you couldnt get past say 5 or 6 stairs without stopping to get your breath.........chill :D x

Back