• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a vicious circle of bordering on grazing

shannon_hilder

ok i dont eat until i feel hungry, but then i dont fancy anything to eat, even though i am hungry...i have something to eat and i feel sickly after one bite and it puts me off, so i try to eat something a little later, because i still feel hungry.... its a vicious circle... can anyone else relate? how did you get over this? i have had a bypass 5 months ago, just out of interest xx

I ama little worried about this tbh SO my approach has been to be real strict with my meals and timings and portions ALMOST no matter what and i think it helps i have something each time - Breakfast, mid am, Lunch, mid pm Eve Meal and supper

Oh Shannon, sorry you have a problem. I am not as far out as you so feel free to completely disregard what I say, my hubby usually does, lol :D
I think the crux of your problem lies in the first sentence. You wait until you are hungry to eat! I was told that we must eat regularly to maintain our little pouch. Try to go back to the 3 small meals & 2 snacks whether you are hungry or not & see if that helps, honey xxx :):)

I had this when I first went on to normal food, but I made sure I ate every 4-5hours and it's worked wonders, I'm losing steadily every week and I'm much better with getting my meals down xxx

Haylz, what sort of loss are you getting on average weekly? You started at a similar weight to me and I'm worried I'm going to suddenly deflate!

If I waited until I was hungry I would never eat, at nearly 18wks post op I still don't feel hunger. I eat at a meal time because it is a meal time. However I also have to be careful not to graze so I don't get low blood sugar shakes. I track what I eat on my fitness pal these days keeps my calorie intake in check & ensures I keep my protein intake level to at least 60g. I have had times when I've waited to long between meals & have felt wobbly & sick so carry a few nuts with me to nibble if a meal is delayed even if I don't feel hungry. Hope that helps you!

Back