• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stomach smaller in the mornings?

Vanessa30

I have a few questions for everyone. Is it just me or is your stomach smaller in the morning but can hold more at night? When I wake up I cannot even hold more than 2-3 ounces and until sometime mid-afternoon I don't even want anything. However for some reason I feel hungry at night and can hold anywhere from 4-8 ounces. I've never been a "night eater" and don't understand this. I'd prefer to eat mostly in the mornings and in the day so I can burn the calories but my body just doesn't want food in the daytime anymore? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also, I've often wondered if I'm the only one who feels exhausted/sleepy after everything that I eat? It happens during the day, the night, if I only eat a few bites, or if I feel very full. It happens regardless of what I eat so the type of food has nothing to do with it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Which op have you had?

I've got a band at the moment and that is a definite yes. Have learnt that my stomach rules the concept of breakfast or not. It has no regard for how busy I am going to be that day, needing to eat before gym, or availability of food. It is such a meanie :rolleyes:

I don't feel exhausted after food, and don't (or 99.99999%) of time eat at night, regardless if I am hungry or not.

On an ideal day, I try to have 3 sensible meals spaced out evenly.

Last edited:
Not that I've noticed but I don't eat dense protein for breakfast, I eat granola, yogurt and fruit. Tiredness may be sugar spikes. Are you diabetic?

Hi I have had a bypass and struggle with mornings sometimes, trying to make an effort to now have breakfast as I was skipping this.

I'm a bypasser and can usually eat more as the day goes on

Back