• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimfast

delacey

Hi, I am 5 weeks post op having lost just over 2 and a half stone:) Today I seem to of picked up a cold from my kids and dont feel like eating at all. I have however just managed to have a slimfast, but i was struck by hopw much sugar is in this. I hope this doesnt cause me to dump! I just didnt feel like anything else to eat at all...does anyon e know if post op this is okay..or should we avoid because of the sugar content?

On my advice sheet from my consultant it did say slimfast is ok. I am 9 days post-op and have been having 1/2 a bottle of slimfast for my breakfast, and so far I have not dumped.
Hope this helps

Kim x

Hi I'm on slim fast at mo I some times have 3 a day no dumpage either it did say on diet sheet slimfast is fine

:DThanks for that, I havent dumped so far so it may be that I am ok too. All trial and error this eating lark !!

Im on Week 7 post bypass and i still have 2 Slimfast a day. Im not actually 100% sure thats right to be honest, dont see the dietition for another 2 weeks so can anyone tell me, am i ok to still be having 2 a day? Im on the soft phase now. Thanks

allypally16 said:
Im on Week 7 post bypass and i still have 2 Slimfast a day. Im not actually 100% sure thats right to be honest, dont see the dietition for another 2 weeks so can anyone tell me, am i ok to still be having 2 a day? Im on the soft phase now. Thanks

You should have progressed to soft food. Slimfast is a liquid. Moving through the stages is important to get to learning to eat 'normally' does your evening meal go down ok?

Yeah i have gone in to Soft Food but my diet sheet i have to follow still says i should be drinking Protien Shakes but im thinking 2 is too much now so dor this past week ive just had the one (or none if i dont feel i need it). Yeah my lunch and evening meal goes down fine, usually hav e something and mash :) Toast is still a bit tricky in the mornings.

Back