• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Abiliti system

mandymoo

Has anybody had this done? The hospital I am considering using does the abiliti system just got the go ahead to do it in January suppose to be big in America??
At mo thinking of having the band done xx

Hi Mandy, I did consider quite seriously at one point and looked up as much as I could about it (which wasn't a lot ) but then talked to the consultant but decided that it probably wasn't right for me. I was also a bit concerned, because as it hasn't been around long enough, there are no long term weightloss results available yet and at £13000 that is a heck of a lot of money to pay without some sort of guarantee.

OMG Mandy, I had never heard of this so googled it - wow sounds very futuristic!

I dont remember anyone on here having it done but good luck with whichever option you chose x

It does sound good doesn't it? but has it's own set of drawbacks like flat batteries and wires that come adrift.....those are a few of the problems they have had in the past. I don't know if those things have been rectified.

It needs surgery to install but at least doesn't mean any surgery to the digestive system itself, so is reversible but as the cost is so high, I myself would be devestated if it didn't really work.

Sounds too good to be true lol & unfortunately too expensive I think, will ask when I see the consultant but think it's then band xx

Do you lie in food diaries? because if you don't the sleeve or band is the cheaper way to shrink your stomach. Personally, I would be paranoid if I had 'big brother' in my tummy.

Back