• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

about funding

ilovemy5babies

hi everyone
ive only been coming on here for about a week and have read some brill stuff, but i just want to know how long you all waited to find out if you got the funding and did they write to you or phone you ?
and what happens if you get refused, can you appeal?
im getting really nervous waiting, i know everyone waits and im sorry if i sound selfish
its just getting me down abit, i cant seem to think of anything else but this lol
thanks in advance xxx

Hi ILM5B - welcome to the site. I can't really answer your question, though, because it all really depends on your PCT and what criteria they use. I go to Walsall Manor and funding has taken 5 months from my first appointment. I dont know anything about the appeals process. Sorry. I know how you feel, though. I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted when my funding came through - even though I had been told it wouldn't be a problem. I don't think they realise that we put our lives on hold while we wait for this on the NHS. I had a letter telling me that I was officially on the waiting list then I had another letter with my pre-op assessment and anaethsetist appointments. Has the hospital/GP applied for funding yet? Why don't you ring the PCT to see if they have it? I did and got my answer straight away!!!! I couldn't beleive it! A little bit of phoning works wonders. Take care and good luck with the rest of your journey. Marion xx

Different areas and different PCT's differ in length of time. My funding only took a month to come through yet I've seen on here people waiting for a long time. All in all it took around 10 months from asking GP to refer me,apply for funding,see surgeon and have op. Which PCT do you come under?
Good luck with your journey.

the hospital said they d apply for funding and could take 8 weeks, i feel as though my lifes on hold but dont want to sound selfish lol
i will ring them and see tomorrow and see if they ve got it
thanks so much for your reply xx

bolton and wigan i think i will have to check
my hubbie said dont ring them yet, you dont want to sound pushy but i dont want them to forget me either if that makes sense x

Poor love. I know exactly how you feel - I think we all do! Don't worry - you are not selfish OR pushy. It's horrible not knowing what's going on. I really wish they'd give us some sort of schedule or time-scale or something that would let us know just where abouts in the system we are. I hope you find out soon, Marion xx

thanks marion
i will phone them tomorrow
i know its really hard for everyone to wait, we all want a new life to start and it does get you down
thanks for being so friendly and understanding x

As long as you're pushy in a lovely way then I think they'll be fine about it!!! And as long as you limit phonecalls to once a day then all will be well!!!

Hahaha no. I have been tempted in the last few days but restrained myself!!!!

Back