• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding or no funding ?

bblove

im just waiting for my letter about my first meeting with a consaltant at the hospital. waiting for this letter feels like its taking for ever
too much time to think :cry:
but since im going to the hospital does that mean im appoved for funding ?
and what should i expect at this meeting
and what happens after ???

im just waiting for my letter about my first meeting with a consaltant at the hospital. waiting for this letter feels like its taking for ever
too much time to think :cry:
but since im going to the hospital does that mean im appoved for funding ?
and what should i expect at this meeting
and what happens after ???

I think it depends on the hospital.
My one applied for funding AFTER the first appointment, that's chelsea and Westminster.
The meeting was to discuss my weight history and the different types of surgery available.
Good luck x

I had to go through various stages of assessment before funding was applied for (and this included a first assessment by the surgeon). If you add your location and hospital to your thread or profile, maybe someone in your area can help - as rudders states it's different in every location/hospital :)

I never actually got told I'd been approved for funding, my pct at the time was mid-Essex & I was bypassed at l&d. I panicked right up to the day of my that I'd get to the hospital & they'd turn me away coz no one had approved the surgery... turned out that if you met the criteria for surgery in my pct & your gp referred you that's all it needed!!! However 2 years down the line I still do wonder if a bill is going to drop thru my door... lol!
Give your gp as with the changes to the pct funding it's now down to them to allocate funding (from what I understand)
Good luck with your journey xxx

thanx so much
i have an appointment tomorrow with my gp so ill ask her about it all
fingers crossed i have some good news to share

Back