• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding to op

Vespa

Hi everyone,

I received news last week that funding had been approved- yay!

I haven't been for tests or anything yet, and have been on a weight management course- is this normal?

I haven't had a letter yet to say what is happenning yet, I would just like to know how it worked for any of you? And if it differs from place to place.

Thanks in advance

Vespa xxx

Hi hun, think it differs from place to place as mine has been rather straight forward, funding approved in April, had appointment to see dietician, psych and consultant in May, Sleep test for apnea in June, and went on the list July - 18 week wait for Salford, have my op date for 31st October, hope yours goes smoothly hun, congrats and wont be long xx

woohoo good luck vespa :)

Thanks all!

Have now found out that the process has changed here in bath. I have funding but have been referred to the weight management services at the Royal United Hospital in Bath.

Ive already done over a year with a dietitian. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks xxx

good news on getting the funding approved Vespa..It does vary quite a lot around the country.
I was referred by my GP, saw the surgeon, had a sleep test and lung function test and then a year later got my letter for pre op assessment and surgery date.
So no Psychiatrist, no dietitian.

It so different all over the country!!
mine went so fast 2weeks from seeing gp, letter to see surgeon 2 weeks later, saw nurse and then surgeon thinking my battle for funding was starting to be told i have the funding, staight to pre op assessment but need to lose 38lb if i can. I was warned Bournemouth was very hard to get funding from andwas ready for a big fight, i think my high bmi swung it for me only time being short has helped me :lol
Hope it goes quickly for you hun xxxxxxxxxx

I'm just hoping it means they will say- yes you can have surgery etc instead of- you can providing you lose weight for 6 months etc!

I'm quite scared!

Back