• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

About NHS funding for a gastric bypass

bigdaddy

Hi. i wanted to know how long do you have to wait to get NHS funding for a gastric bypass i have a b.m.i. of 64. and to get funding you need a b.m.i. of 55 now. i'm under salford royal and i go to the meetings every month at the mayo building i've been wait just over 2 months now please can anyone help.thanks :)

Sorry cant help you with that as all areas have different ways of going about things, im sure someone from your area will give you some great advice soon, welcome and good luck with your wl journey.

Hi there big daddy - I had my op in Salford and I dont know all the guidlines etc, but I do believe it depends on your PCT and what area you live rather than the hospital.
Has your GP applied for the funding? Have you had any tests? What area of Manchester do you live? Do you have facebook - if so there are a few groups you can join on there that are specifically dedicated to people in the Manchester area that may help you.
Please feel free to add me on there if you do have facebook - same goes for anyone else
Sally MCFC Poole is my name - hope that helps
Sally x

Hi Bigdaddy my bmi was 61 and I was granted funding a month after asking for surgery and I got the surgery after a total of 5 months (including waiting time for a psych evaluation and surgery postponement due to snow). It all depends on your pct. I was asked to take a weight loss drug for 3 months before being referred as well and I had to give up after a month as it had some disruptive side effects.

HIYA bigdaddy i wish you all the best, i am awaiting funding as well,here you will find all the help and advice you need good luck mate.

hi big daddy and welcome. can't tell you how long for your particular pct but all the best to you, hope u get it soon
xxx

sorry i lost my password and forgot i posted this I've been trying for 2 years now to get a gastric bypass on the nhs i got the funding then had to go to salford hospital for the weight loss clinic for 6 months then my family was hit with one of my friends being murderd and my nana passing away within a month and half of each other so my weight didn't drop it went up then my doctor left then i lost the funding and from the 16 January 2012 I've to start all again back to square one so i'm back with a different weight loss place ablhealth which is in Manchester on oxford rd which i found not that great there team are not very unprofessional so i'm stuck doing this weight loss clinic i wish i was back at salford hospital under there weight loss team. i'm 33 years old and weight 33st.2.4 lbs i was 35.6.lbs at the end of January 2012 and its 15 feb 2012 and my b.m.i was 70.2 now its 67 if anyone whats to add me on facebook please do so damien irving

i had bmi of 55 and waited 22 months l-( had band now tho , i wish u all the very best keep nagging

Good luck ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back