• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At last... Light at the end of the tunnel !!

debbieb

I have at last got a date to go in and have my stretch done !!!! .. 23rd of may.. A little disappointed that I have to wait another month, coz by the time I have it done it will be just over 5 months since I had my bypass, so that's 5 months of liquids !!!.. But I guess I should be grateful that I was lucky enough to have my op on the nhs , as I know that some people struggle to get funding..
Only worrying thing is that I have a phobia of dentists, so don't know how I am going to cope with having a tube down my throat !!!.. I am stressing now, and it's not for several weeks yet !!!

chrisa said:
do you have to be awake or can they sedate you to do it? xx

I think I can be sedated, I have an appointment with my surgeon on 2nd may... But even the info that they have sent me says that it will be uncomfortable !!!!!..

I think someone has just had that done recently on here, keep looking through the bypass sites they will let you know xx

Ive had a tube a few times. The sedation does work and i would not have it done without it. It is more uncomfortable then painful. The thought can sometimes be worse than it actually is but then thats just my view on it. You will feel so much better afterwards. Hope it all goes well for you hun x

Back