• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

About ports

Clarered

Does the port move around a little because it doesn't feel like its in the same place she put the needle in for my first fill

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

yes, they can move considerably especially as you lose weight,

They don't tend to move that far, but with weight loss they do move. Mine is now about 1.5 inches further up than it was and when I bend over, it also catches on my ribs!

Most however are stitched in which is why if we do something such as situps it can become tender and sore.

I was wondering this too - good to know!

Well I went swimming yesterday and feel about sore round that area going bk to clinic Thursday for another fill hope everything is ok

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Could be from the stretching then? you use a lot of tummy muscles swimming x

Before I was told by my provider not to do sit ups I used a machine in the gym which did a similar thing and the pain was quite immense, and that was because of the port pain attached to the muscle. When I stopped (having had an emergency visit to my provider to check all was ok!) it went back to normal :)

But having lost weight, it is considerably higher than it was, and as I say, its moved to a place that when I bend over, it now catches on my ribs, I've been told surgery is the only way to prevent this happening, but with more weight loss, it would move again . . .

Back