• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band fills

julieann

As the day of my first band fill draws nearer, i have to ask anyone out there who has already had them, does it hurt?, because the thought of having a needle put in my stomach is worrying me a little xx

hi julieanne, please dont worry its a breeze, its similar to having blood taken you can feel the needle go in but its tollerable, its all over in a couple of mins, just count to 10 or think of something else while its been done, you will be fine honest.

liz x

thanx for that liz, i think the thought of it is going to be worse than actually having it done. my port is right by my belly button and i just think it is sensitive there (its probably no worse than anywhere else) or its just me being a baby lol xx

my port is in my chest right between my boobs i was worried to but when it happened i was fine, you will be to, and no your not a baby its just a new experience for you thats all x

If it helps, your skin over the port is thin, so it doesn't take much to go thru and the needle only enters the port not the muscle, so its less painful than having any other injection, once it's in, you are not aware of it at all...:)

Hi hun, no need to worry about fills - quick easy and painless. You will feel quite hard pressure though on your port area as they put the needle in which I wasn't quite ready for the first time round but you will be in and out within minutes. Easy peasy!

I had bypass so cannot help but just wanted to offer my support, I am sure it will be fine and you will be on here laughing about it with us...good luck chick..x

Good luck with the fill. My 1st is mid jan. I hate needles and am not looking forward to it either. If its not too painful shud b a breeze after wls tho. Take Care R x

Back