• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ABSOLUTELYU GUTTED

I am a sleep apnoea sufferer and a hosehead (I use cpap at night). As you have just been diagnosed, the oxygen saturation of your blood, even during the day time is currently lower than it should be. Your heart has been under extra pressure as well. The six weeks they are asking you to try the cpap should bring your saturation levels back to normal making the surgery safer for you.

Thanks for explaining it so much better !!

As I am only 'very mild' on the sleep apnoea scale it was decided I would not need to use CPAP prior to the op, and therefore I have had to read up about it much less. I was told in my case the op itself should be enough to resolve my mild sleep apnoea.

Ooooo Jen I'm so sorry to hear this I have been on cpap for thirteen months now my hospital tested me for sleep apnoea before funding could be applied for and cpap for me is working, I had an operation a few yrs ago and had to go in hdu after as the anaesthetist said then that I had sleep apnoea he could tell as he was putting me to sleep also I had to have an arterial line to monitor my sats etc as a result of this every time I started sleeping I set the alarms off as my oxygen levels dropped to 80% and below, it is vital that it's managed before you're op as disheartening as it is now and I am still on cpap and had my operation without problems , time will fly by and in the meantime you're breathing will improve, I really hope this helps a little too sending warm hugs xxx

Back