• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Acid reflux

lightersarah

Hi, can I ask if anyone has suffered with this post surgery. I had my op on 25th October 2014. This or gerd as I believe it is also known as is my biggest problem after surgery. I have yet to have a proper nights sleep since surgery. I awake during the night with what can only be described as a flow of gunk streaming from my nose. It's not very pleasant and sometimes burns like acid. I awake feeling like I am choking. Have been back to my Dr. He gave me some anti sickness tablets to take 3 times a day. It has slowed a bit and I can now at least go upto bed, but it hasn't stopped. The first week after surgery was awful as soon as I laced down. Thanks in advanced. X

Hi sarah, I take it you were given antacids to bring home? I was on an antacid for six weeks after surgery and needed it. Although ive never had acid I did the first few weeks after the surgery. Im fine again now, my surgery was the 26th Aug. You can increase the antacid to two a day my surgeon said if it was an issue but it was fine, just one a morning.

I have been prescribed Lansoprazole twice a day for 6 months then once a day for another 6 months, and it seems they do that for all the bariatric patients where I went.

Hi, yes I take lansoprazole twice a day. I find not drinking too much in the evening helps but makes my throat very dry.......lol. Perhaps it's just me then. X

Back