• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice about how liquid goes through

countrywench

Hi all
I am 3 days into my band and am just wondering what happened at this time when I drink liquids ?
I have this image of water running right through the bands gap , like a sink draining down a plug hole ? Not sitting anywhere at , just running right through .
Also the same with the runny liquids I'm having ? Are they just running right through the hole ?
I know in a few weeks I will have a filler but will this still happen ?
Mindy
Xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe not 'running' through as your still likely to be swollen from the operation.

I should imagine it will be more of a drip.....:)

countrywench

So water and thin liquids will infact gather above the gastric hole ? And not drain straight through . Hard to get my head round lol

blossom11

Thanks for asking this Mindy.
Great to get the advice above...
I think it's the dreaded sliders we've got to be careful of long term too!!
Still not managed to eat, e.g. shake/yoghurt. Got reassurance from HW and not a problem...was having a whittle earlier.
They also said only aiming for a 100ml a liquid this week moving onto 200ml of just water/tea/coffee/low calorie drinks. Hope this helps x x x

countrywench

I'm not having probes at all with getting liquid down ,
I haven't measured but I'm drinking 3 x 750mls water bottles , and 1 small mug of soup and 2 small mugs of my yogurt, milk and protein powder , daily .
So that quiet a lot of liquid actually isn't it ?

countrywench

I was recommended this by my advisor
Buy Impact Whey Isolate | Myprotein.com
I ordered the vanilla to add to yogurt and milk and it's really sweet , so I might order the plain next time so it's more versatile for adding to soups etc