• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is my band too tight

bikerlady

Hi everyone, I had my 3rd fill last Saturday (6th) after quite a few weeks of being able to eat too much! When I had my first and second fill I could eat liquid and then mushy within a few days. I now have 5.5ml and I am struggling to keep things down, I can manage thin liquids and cuppa soup but anything else just gives me a pain and comes back up. Ive tried runny porridge,smooth yogurt, mashed up fish in tom sauce (spoon full) and cream of asparagus soup, all of which has come back up. I was going to wait until Friday to ring provider to see if things settle, but can anyone offer any advice. I dont want to have the poor restriction I had before, but I dont want to stay like this and I am worried about any damage that may occur. Thanks :confused:

Hello there

It could be one of two things either ur eating to large a mouthful/not chewing properly (soz don't know what size meals/eating habits ur having etc) or it is too tight. The reason ur team told u 2 wait until Friday is to give ur band/fill time 2 settle down. HTH xx

Hiya, if possible I'd give it a few more days (providing you can keep water down), my nurse told me I could give it a week on water if necessary. I was the same at the beginning of this fill, but it was fine after a couple of weeks. Have you tried slimfasts and fruit juices for some variety, it's a frustrating stage isn't it?

hey was the same after my second fill and the more i panicked the worse it got. Three days later absolutely fine

Let us know if things settle down. I really hope they have. Not easy!

Back