• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So this week i was naughty

Ha ha! We all had the weaknesses!! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Thank god ! At last someone who has the same outlook as me ! I to have had the odd treat like kit-Kat , monster munch , cake . No not everyday , but a few times over the past few months. I know that it's not good for me but to be honest I feel sick all the time whatever i eat. If I really fancy something then I have it . What I don't understand is where some people get all this willpower from ? And if they have it why didn't they use it before ? Oh I do wish I had made better choices sometimes but hey I'm normal aren't I ?!

weightloss surgery is not a prison sentence ;) my look out is the same when i was diagnosed with diabetes ...............everything in moderation

i've no hankering after chocolate but i do like a few boiled sweeties every now and then oh and the odd bag of monster munch (but not ordinary crisps)

Thank god ! At last someone who has the same outlook as me ! I to have had the odd treat like kit-Kat , monster munch , cake . No not everyday , but a few times over the past few months. I know that it's not good for me but to be honest I feel sick all the time whatever i eat. If I really fancy something then I have it . What I don't understand is where some people get all this willpower from ? And if they have it why didn't they use it before ? Oh I do wish I had made better choices sometimes but hey I'm normal aren't I ?!
woohoo the eating habits of a normal person :D

Interesting thread. I agree with the everything in moderation sentiment but it's a bit hard in practise as my main aim in eating now is to get some protein in. As most solid protein gives me horrendous pain and eventual up-chucking ( despite chewing it 40 times and eating really slowly slow) theres not much chance of having anything else. I have had one After Eight and that was nice and I didn't dump. I fancied a piece of cake last Sunday but went off the idea when I remembered I couldn't have coffee with it. lol !

Bless yah! Do you struggle with the milk then?

X

Miss diet
I used to love Chinese and now I can't abide them, the rice kills me. Can manage curry chips but nothing else seems to taste the way it used to.
Plus I used to have a plate piled high now it's a tiny amount and iam bloated off it, no enjoyment anymore with Chinese.

What an interesting thread!! I'm still on puree and very soft at the moment, but I do try to add flavour to food. Such as, for dinner last night I had instant mash, with philli cheese, chives and a little powdered garlic stirred into it. It was yummy.

But I totally agree with the try anything in moderation philosphy!! It's our tummies NOT our taste buds that had the op after all !!!

Kath , I havnt had instant mash since I was a kid , has it improved ??

My surgeon asked what I was eating and I said everything just small portions.He said thats the answer I wanted!If hes happy so am I.Im having a mince pie for afters but can stop at one it would of been two pre op.I dont dump btw!

Im so pleased that this thread is coming across in a good way lol.

Ive been having quite a weekend experimenting.

Earlier i tried....
A small sainsburys cold sausage roll
The inside of a duck kebab thing from the deli counter
Kfc hit wing and leg and gravy.

All very small portions but no problems at all.

Wow, so life can go on, or atleast my taste buds life,

Id like to try healthier things like rice, pasta and salad but i know many people have trouble with these.

I take ages to eat but im happy with that.

X

Bless yah! Do you struggle with the milk then?

X

MD, am usually okay with skimmed milk as long as I drink very slowly.
Last night went to Wetherspoons with DH. There were healthy options on the menu ,but healthy for the general population usually makes me ill so I went for burger and chips with bacon and cheese. I now carry sandwich bags in my handbag and take food off my plate before I start eating as too much food in front of me makes me anxious and nauseous. Being tight, I also like to take the extras home to make more meals.
I ate the bacon and cheese (cut of the fatty bits) and a third of the burger, 1 slice of tomato and two and a half chips. DH gave me his mushroom as they are my favourites but it had been fried and I gave it straight back as it tasted horrible to me. The point is for me that 'reconstituted' meat is much easier to eat than solid. I can manage chicken fridge raiders, sausages, minced anything so much easier than proper meat. May not be the healthiest choice but it is protein. And I really enjoyed it.
Funnily though had a rasher of bacon and half a slice of toast for breakfast and was ill-again ! I know it's important to persevere with the foods that are challenging at the moment but I think it's fine to have the occasional easy, naughty-ish choice now and again to get some calories in !
BTW, I don't dump. Only 30% of bypassers do, and diabetics usually don't. So if any pre-oppers are relying on dumping syndrome as a deterrent-dont lol !

Back