• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

(advice needed) port area weeping

sunny69

Hi all banded a week last saturday and my port incision is still weeping blood it seem to be where the glue has come away and slightly opened up, have been putting clean dressings on it then left them of for fresh air to try and dry it up.

i can feel it pulling when i get out of bed and also when walking about which doesn't help on the healing process but it is totally impossible to rest in my household.
xx

You need to get the wound checked out, at your local GP if you cant get to your provider, take care x

Yes defo go to your nurse at your gp's and she will clean it and maybe put some steri-strips on it. hope all goes well. Hx

ive had same issue in 7 days post op with band day 4 my port would came open i put steri strips on meself and covered with menopore 4 4 days wouldnt close up so 2 day ( day 7 ) i went a & e to be told we dont treat elective surgery lol they gave me sum awful antibiootics and dressed as id been doing. The wound wasnt sore or anything just watery bleeding. how long did it take anyone elses to heal its doing my head in now

im all healed now 2 weeks post op,i only had the one incision,its just a bit scabby but defo healed nicely.if yours is open i would put some more dressings on and leave them until u speak to your provider as a open wound is prone to infections etc xx

Back