• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

all done!! yeehaa day 1

buglady

hi everyone sitting here now down to my last ox cube!! op tomorrow it is here at last yeehaaa!! well i dont know if i have started feeling nervous or what now? im so bugged with bland old milk i cant wait for a flavour in my mouth even if it is soup! in 6 days ive lost just over 10 pounds on mm milk diet i can hand on my heart say i have cheated once with half a strawberry 2 days ago other than that stuck to it like glue im going in to work tomorrow till about 2.30 then home to bath and shave my legs and pits lol then have to be at the hospital at 4 im the only one on the list tomorrow so im first down about 5.30 so hopefully should be banded by half six tomorrow so im guessing this time in 24 hours im going to be feeling a bit groggy ! please if any one can let me know what their first 12-24 hours was like id live to hear?? im signing off now so ill speek to you all soon!! alison x

:)hi every one im sitting here cause i forgot to de set my alarm radio !! i had my op done on wednesday at 530 i went up yes up cause everyone goes down i went up in a lift! i arrived at 4 in the afternoon walked into the theatre at half five got wheeled back at half 7 the op took 45 mins all done lol! i felt sick when i got back which was soon addressed they gave me some more anti sickness tablets which stopped the feeling! all i remember is sort of waking and seeing four of my familys faces beaming at me as i got wheeled back in to the room then i dozed till about half 11 with constant blood pressure checks and i had to have a bit of o2 under my nose cause my o2 was a bit bown! i had a broken sleep night prob dosing for 45 mins waking up but not much pain i went for a wee a couple of times which i encourage cause the sooner you getup the better!
i had 2 hours solid sleep between 4 and 6 to be woken up by the resident peacock! the next morning the night nurse came in checked bp again opened curtains did a few check paracetomal and anti inflamatries then left again not much pain the only one hurting realy is my port hole one which i cup with my hand when i stand up it makes me feel better! i was allowed to go at 10 couldnt go till 12 as my dad was at work till then! we had a short journey home 10 mins i had a innocent smoothie meds then went to bed for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon i must say even not the port hole scar ia the only one that hurts at the mo it feels like ive been running and ive got a stitch there i think its trapped wind but today is farts yesterday was burps! has a few vistors and phone calls and texts then went to sleep about 10 last night slept most of the night woke up this morning feeling much better just burpy and hickupy! im going to have a shower today and change my dressings i have some more tegaderms to redo ill wait to my mum gets home to do that shes great at that!! i may just go and have a fromage frais now my mouth is still gammy so ill let you know how im doing ps even with all this wind inside me and since the start of my milk diet lost a stone yeehaaa!!

Last edited:
goodluck-AquaSixReflections-TBC.gif

speedyrecoverybear.jpg

Good luck sweetie...you will be just fine.

Take some vaseline lip care in as your lips get dry with the oxygen hun.

My first day right up to this day have been brilliant, I have sailed through with no probs at all. (says me who is only 16 days post-op!!).

Let us all know how you are when you are home xxxxxx

Hi Alison

1st 24 hours weren't too bad...had my op around 2.30pm, but then slept on and off till next morning 5.30am

was a little uncomfortable around the middle, but managed the 3.5 hour car journey home no problem (I sat in the back)...a good idea may be to take a pillow or cushion to hold against your tum when travelling back..I had to use my dressing gown but it helped loads.

very good luck and let us know how you get on :hug99:

Good luck. Here's to a new you!!! :)

GOOD LUCK ALISON X

Good luck tomorrow!

good luck for tomorrow, hope everything goes like clockwork

Good luck hun:D:D

Goodluck :) x

good luck hun, hers to a new you ! xxx

Back