• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice on being too tight???

slimbydecember

Hiya,

I had my band fitted in February and had my first 3ml fill in May. I then had a second fill in July of 1ml. I've been slowly and steadily losing weight since then.

In December I had a few personal problems not band related that caused me a lot of stress and I started to struggle to eat. It calmed down after a week and I could eat again.

Then over the Christmas week my band got really tight again. I was throwing up anything I tried to eat.

I went on liquids hoping it would calm down but it didn't. Then last week up until a defill I was even bringing up liquids, food and drink was making me cough too. I went to the hospital for a quick defill and asked the nurse what could be wrong after all this time? She said it's probably stress and I'm swollen. She took out 1ml leaving me with 3mls. When I had 3mls in on my first fill it didn't make hardly any difference. But now I'm still bringing food back up everyday. Not slider foods though which suggests I'm too tight.

If I go for another defill I'll have less than what I started with when I had hardly any restriction.

I don't understand why I'm so tight? I asked the nurse if my band could have slipped and she said as long as I wasn't bringing up blood it can't have slipped?

I'm just worried? Has anyone had anything similar?

ooww im pre-op and have no advice, but couldnt read and run...your body changes as you lose weight, maybe this is your bodies way of saying it doesnt need the 3ml fill?

go with that the nurse advisesxx

hello there

The nurse is right stress will make ur band very tight, needless to say the more stressed u get at it being tight and not being able to eat and vomiting etc the tighter it becomes.

If your band had slipped you would know about it , I am told its agony and very painful, if your unsure can you not see your surgeon/provider and ask them too check the band etc - Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

Back