• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please about puking

voodoo

I I've been banded about 10 months and have 7.5 in a 10ml band. Yesterday I ate a bit of yoghurt: cold stuff is a no no for my band: since then no matter how slowly I eat or drink it comes back up. After sleeping I woke up & tried milky coffee, usually helps, it came back up. I've managed slowly sipping sf cordial & got down 2 pints since this morning but I'm afraid to eat. Any long term banded have this before or can advise me? If I'm no better tomorrow am I'll ring my provider for a defill but I've only just started to "get into it" and I'm reluctant to lose my restriction.
Thanks,
Sharon xxxx

No point damaging yourself by having too much restriction. Call your provider as you don't want to get dehydrated. Have you had a fill recently or have you been at 7.5 mls for a while; have you been poorly?

When did you have your last fill, if it was very recently maybe you ate the yoghurt too quickly :confused:

You do need to stick to liquids for a while at least until you speak to your provider - it will give your pouch time to recover from being sick.

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks Mazza & Flutterby, I've had 7.5 in for a few months, I think it might be hormones affecting it coz I managed to eat a bit of chicken curry last night (homemade & low fat, lol). I'm going through the menopause and having terrible mood swings & flushes but HRT doesn't suit me. I really must avoid yoghurt and cold drinks, everything else, except potatoes & bread is usually ok, drat, no ice creams for me!
Thanks again for your advice,
sharon xxxx

Hi

I can relate to your yoghurt aversion! some just dont agree with me at all, too rich I thought.

Damn hormones hey? I had a hysterectomy two years ago so Im on HRT. If it doesnt agree with you, have you tried evening primrose oil xx

As a long term bander my advice to you would be to stay off the cold stuff and stay on the hot stuff, if u know the cold stuff aggravates/doesn't agree with your band then just don't eat it - just stick to with what you know you can eat, I would also go back to basics as the vomiting you have had is bound to have made your band a little tender so it would be wise to eat some soups & liquids for a couple of days to let it settle down and work your way back up from the beginning again and then if your still having trouble I would contact your provider and get booked in for a defill - wishing you the best MeJulie xx

Voodoo, you don't think it could be the change in the weather do you? I am tighter than I have ever been for the past few days. I do know for a couple of weeks a month I am tighter than the other two. But at moment I am all puffy legged with the increase in heat and think that may have affected my insides too ... Suffice it to say I am 100% pleased I do not have full restriction all the time ... :eek:

Back