• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please post bypassers :/

hayley1983

Hey everyone.

I started on my pureed foods today. I've had the following....

Breakfast - Weetabix with loads of milk

Dinner - 1 medium boiled potato mashed with cheese and loads of milk

Tea - 1 medium boiled potato with corned beef mashed with loads of gravy.

2 questions - I didn't feel full at all and could have eaten it all again, is this normal on pureed foods?

And...

Am I actually eating enough in a day?

I've left a message with WLSG to get back to me, but I just wanted to know if post bypassers came across this?

Thanks everyone :)

xxx

You are only a couple of weeks post op so won't have a lot of the sensations yet (feeling full) and also they are 'slider' foods and you can't feel the restrictions that you will once you move up to the next stage. Also week by week you will experience different sensations, how you are now is not how you will be in a fortnight! Good luck!

You are only a couple of weeks post op so won't have a lot of the sensations yet (feeling full) and also they are 'slider' foods and you can't feel the restrictions that you will once you move up to the next stage. Also week by week you will experience different sensations, how you are now is not how you will be in a fortnight! Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! :)

Do you think I'm eating enough for now?

xxx

I am no guru and I am sure the others will be around to inform you but the only thing I would say is that's mash at 2 meals - could you replace it at one meal with veg or sweet potato which is better for you? seems like the volume is ok - as long as you are keeping your fluids up and watching you vits & calcium. It's a really exciting stage where you are and my weight just fell off then!

I am no guru and I am sure the others will be around to inform you but the only thing I would say is that's mash at 2 meals - could you replace it at one meal with veg or sweet potato which is better for you? seems like the volume is ok - as long as you are keeping your fluids up and watching you vits & calcium. It's a really exciting stage where you are and my weight just fell off then!

Yeah, I thought that about one of my meals. Think I might change my dinner to carrott and swede mashed with gravy :)

It's all a learning curve I suppose.

xxx

I found I wasn't eating that much after the op for a few weeks. It was advised to me on here to get some more different foods down. The slimfast shakes were good for me to build up the protein etc.

I'd replace a potao meal with something else but at least you're getting something in you :D

You could also try a cauliflower cheese, then you are getting your protien too.
Also fish pie is good with a bit of grated cheese on top, you could make one and split it into a few potions and freeze, I found that really good in the early stages.
Hope this helps a little.;)

Back