• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First day on mush

Hargs

Hi all

This is my first day on mushy food just had some corned beef and mashed potato with gravy. (I would never ever have eaten this pre op) I have stabbing pains in my left breast and through to my shoulder blade. I have eaten about 200g with lots of gravy. I take it that the pain means i have ate too much but is this normal?

it is normal if you've eaten too much. Its common regardless of type of surgery What are the amounts suggested by your provider? As eating too much could stretch your sleeve

That is the amount suggested. I felt ok eating it it was just after. I have had a band before the sleeve and it is a totally different feeling. I went really slow too putting my cutlery down and chewing the mush.

I am on my second day of mush! I am going by table spoons and they said try 1-2 to begin with and gradually build it up to 4 and it has to be like a yoghurty consistency.

I havent had any pain so much but I didnt thin my mash enough and I have a horrible stuck feeling so i'll certainly learn from that!!

I must have had too much. Not nice at all. It's a learning curve isn't it. Don't think I have come to too much harm I just need to be careful. Oh and mush is my worst nightmare! I just want a piece of meat/fish and a fresh salad and I will be a happy lady. Not long I hope x

I know what you mean! Mush is the worst. I dont like food textures being changed so having to blend and mash stuff is horrid!

Im 2 weeks post op today and still meant to be on mush. Can't bear the texture, takes me back to school dinners etc in the 1960's euuuh nightmare!!! I've progressed a bit and have added minced beef in now, cooked forever but its such a change to sloppy goo.

Made some little salmon fishcakes the other day - they were really good :)

I went onto solids after four weeks as I could no longer bear the mushy stage.....i did introduce stuff gradually though, started with some baked fish as its soft, but after a few days I was eating normal food. the only thiing I can't stomach is beef!! But had my six week check up the other day and 2st 2lbs down!!! Love my sleeve!!!

I am finding this stage horrid as well. I am fine with the sweet stuff because that's how things are supposed to taste but blended meat makes me want to gag!! I'm nearing 3 weeks post op and I'm going to try the next stage which is lumpy food, on Sunday because if I have to have blended crap for much longer, I am going to be sick!

I don't think I will do well on the mush stage, not looking forward to it at all. Hope you get some inspiring recipes to get you through it.

I think I am naturally turning to soft food rather than puréed. Tonight I have two new potatoes I did not mash them I just chewed them to death and felt ok. Suppose it was like mash once I have finished my 100th chew but at least it had a normal texture at first. Cottage cheese is going down really well and I loved that pre op so I am finding that is working well. Also I am enjoying weetabix and greek yogurt with puréed peaches on top.

Hi all

This is my first day on mushy food just had some corned beef and mashed potato with gravy. (I would never ever have eaten this pre op) I have stabbing pains in my left breast and through to my shoulder blade. I have eaten about 200g with lots of gravy. I take it that the pain means i have ate too much but is this normal?

as evil as it sounds, I'm glad you got those pains, because it happens to me.

Im on day 7 of mush. I've been using 90ml baby food storage tupper-ware things. generally just been mash, cauliflower and cheese, beans or Danio yoghurt (which is brill - 0 fat and 13g of protein)

Its really difficult learning to take your time. I've got to the stage where I set a 1 min timer on my phone between bites.

Back