• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please - what to expect?

cjskts

Hi

My GP applied for funding in March 2011 and, after a few chase ups, i got the news that i had the funding on 8th November. The GP then booked my appointment with the consultant for 30th November (tomorrow!!!)

What will happen? I have been told it will take at least 2 hours and i will meet the consultant, dietitian and bariatric nurse. But will there be any procedures to have?

Decided to post this late as i am a compete worrier to the point of making myself ill, so i have been trying not to think about it. I have read about an endoscopy and nearly passed out!!

Hi, The nearest thing to a procedure I had at my consultation was bloods. I was weighed, measured & spoke to the dietician before a 30 min consult with the surgeon. I am in Sheffield so yours could be different but can't imagine it would vary by much ... good luck & try to stop worrying xxx :):)

Hello and:welcome2:

Firstly, where abouts are you and where are you having your surgery? You see, it all depends on the hospital.

I had my first appointment today, it never took 2 hours though. I saw the dietician, who took my weight and asked a few details, she had a nurse with her but she did nothing. I then went and seen my consultant. He asked me questions, examined my tummy and then said that he was happy to perform the surgery. My appointment was for 12.30 and I got out about 2.00, but most of that time was waiting. Was with dietician 10 mins and about same with consultant.

I just got wait now for my surgery date!

Good luck tomoz..

My appointment was a bit odd! lol. I was about 1hr30 in total. Met the bariatric nurse, then talked to the dietician for about 40 mins and then my consultant for about 30 mins. Only thing they did to me is weight and height. I now have to ring the other dietician tomorrow to book an appointment to have an indepth talk. That hopefully will be in January. Then get another appointment with my consultant to then get me on the waiting list. He recons it'll be 25 weeks once i am on the list.

Summer would be ideal as hubby is a teacher. Although, his head has been fantastic and said its not a problem with any appointment for him to have time off, so can't complain.

Back