• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice please x x x x x xx

kee28

i have been aproved funding for the gastrick band and this was a proved 2 weeks befor christmas . then i had a phone call from the sergons secutary. saying im on his waiting list now im having it done at st thomas in london but how long should i exspect to wait for it to be done i there a long waiting time . or dose it have to be done with in a certen amount of weeks from reciving the fundidng . can any one help as its hard to plan the rest of the year with out knowing dates lol plus i have 3 children that i have to look after to thanks x :)

Hiya Kee, I can't really say how long your surgery will be as most hospitals all do things a bit differently. However, It took about 4wks after funding to get my pre-op appointments, then 5wks from the day of my last appointment for my op date, which was on the 6th Jan & my op date is 22nd feb, hope this is a help to you. Good luck chucks. x

thanks so much for ur help i was told by the secutary that i will be seen for a pre opp then have the opp done about 2 weeks after that but i think i will wait and see what happens if i dont hear any thing bk in a couple of weeks i will get bk on to the hospital i think x x

Hi there can't help you much as different areas have different rules but what I can say is that once my surgery had been approved the policy is that you can't be on the waiting list for more then 18 weeks. It was 6 weeks from approval till surgery for me. The dietician called me to say that the pannel had agreed to my surgery and I was then send an appointment to see my surgeon and he gave me my date then and there after consulting his diary. It would have been quicker but he had a holiday booked in between and my pre op assesment was done the very next day. Great service all round :)

Back