• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice please..

:cry: I've got a slight problem and am not sure what to do about it.. any and all advice would be great..

The reason I ended up with my band was I needed further surgery for a para-umbilical hernia (hole in abdominal wall next to and behind my belly button) and this op finally went ahead on feb 15th this yr..

since that op - my weight loss has slowed right down.. I saw Mr S at S.R.H the week before and at the time -we suspected I may be pregnant - coupled with that and the upcoming op - I wasn't given another fill.. it turns out despite the false negatives - I was pregnant and m/c 8 days after op.. since then - have got pregnant once more - and m/c last week at almost 6wks..

my weight has begun to creep up despite my reduced portion sizes, only eating when am able to - basically have never been able to eat unless my stomach rumbles else I end up bringing a lot of bile up and cannot finish eating.. :sigh:

I cant understand why the bile either - it has been discussed with nurse at Dr's surgery who advised as long as it isn't every time I eat then to observe what if anything triggers it and if it gets worse - to go down..

At the moment - am weighing in at 16st 12lb.. had gotten down to 16st exactly only a month or so ago and am very disheartened that the weight has crept and I don't know what I can do to kick-start it again.. I know due to circumstances over the last couple of weeks - wont have helped me none but I really need inspiration - other than our gold-dust dream of a baby - to get the weight going in the right direction again.. Due to my osteo, I find it hard to stick to exercise routine and other than goign backwards - to be able to go forwards - I dont know what else I can do..

Please.. can anyone help and advise? Am sat almost in tears at the thought that everything have gotten through so far - is now at a halt and I so desperatly want to lose least another stone to get closer to grasping my dream and holding on tight.. but I know until the weight is down enough - it wont happen..

Has anyone else who has had a band - ended up plateaued for so long? Its the second time for me now and been over 3 months now where am only dropping maybe 4 lb in a month and nothing will shift.. :cry:

Sorry for rambling.. and thanks for reading..

Hi Mands,

Im not a bander, but you seem so sad in your post that I just had to respond.

You said you didnt get a fill at your last appointment due to the pregnancy. If you need one it's all too easy to gain weight, as even though you may be eating no where near what you could manage pre-op, you may just be eating that little bit too much to enable you to lose weight.

Having said that, your body has obviously been through quite a traumatic time with 2 miscarriages, not to mention how your head must be after all of that, so try not to be too hard on yourself.

I know its easier said than done, but you may have to think about what is more important to you at the present time. Is it to lose more weight (in which case, get another fill) or is it a baby, in which case eat healthily and forget about your weight. I think its impossible to concentrate on both.

Big hugs

Hi Mands, sorry cannot help with this one, hopefully other members may give you some suitable advice. You will get back on the right track again no doubt. At times like this remember what you have already achieved and how proud you were to get to this point. Hoping it all 'kickstarts' in the right direction soon - Paul xx

aww Mands its ages since we have spoken hun, as Sam says you need to concentrate on 1 aspect, ring the team today get a fill it will help and the weight will move again, after that you can cocentrate on trying for a baby once a little more weight has gone, i shall inbox u my my msn addy x

Hi Mands

So sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it. Im going to advise something different though, miscarrying is a very emotional experience and to go through it twice is awful. The band can and does tighten when you are upset, you say that you are eating reduced portions and that sometimes you bring up bile.

I would hold off from another fill if this is the case and look at what you are eating. Its possible that another fill could make things worse with the sickness which you dont want.

Make sure you are making good healthy choices, plenty of protein, fruit and veg and if you can and feel up to it try and be more active. Do a food diary for a week or so and try to eliminate anything that could be making you stall.

Good luck x

Hi hun, just wanted to give you a massive (((((hug))))) as you sure sound like you need a few of them right now.
The other girls have given some sound advice above.

Remember your only human and things need to be delt with as and when your mentally ready, My heart seriously does go out to you and your partner. xx

Hope you are feeling a little better. Its so hard when you feel like everything is going wrong to staty positive but I agree with the others advice to concentrate on one thing at a time. Who knows, if you do this the other thing might just happen too! Good luck hun ((HUGS)) X :D

I have no advice re the banding...

Just wanted to send you my heartfelt best wishes and hopes that everything will turn around for you real soon...

Don't lose faith or heart girl xx

Hiya, I have stalled a lot..that's bands I think..we don't get a "honeymoon period" of rapid weight loss. I would agree that best way forward is to get your health boosted as soon as possible. You don't want the band to be so tight that nothing goes down except junk slider foods. I hope that you have spoken to your surgery team about your current problems as they are going to be the best people to ask for a possible solution. With all the anxiety and upset , the area around the band will play up and make it feel tighter when you are stressed. I would get hold of your team and make an appointment to go through what's been happening and your fears etc. I really also very strongly agree that you need to postpone trying for a baby until you are back losing steadily and can eat healthy firm foods without problems. It has to be better all round if your body is not deprived of proper nutrients. Hopefully you will be able to do a half hour of gentle walking a day too as that can make a good difference..consistant exercise you can manage daily is better then nothing then a huge session once in a blue moon anyway.

So sorry to hear your sad news sweetheart. There's not alot I can say to make you feel better but just remember that at the moment your harmones are all over the place which does not help with weight loss. As for the stall, I too did'nt lose any weight for months but it has started again. Very slow but its moving. Give yourself some "time out" from worrying about weight loss and try to relax if you can. You may find once you feel more relaxed about your weight loss being slow the weight may start shifting again.Good luck and MASSIVE HUGS to you and hubby xxx

Back