• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

0Matthew0

I am 8 months post op after RNY. Have lost tonnes of weight and my BMI has changed from 44 to 26. At my last checkup with Dietician I was told I had lost 90% of my excess weight. Really I can't stop grinning from ear to ear.
So what's the problem? I hear you ask.
About 2 or 3 times each week I get really severe nausea after eating and I can't work out why. It generally lasts for about an hour and wears off slowly. First I thought it was dumping but now I am not sure. I cannot find what triggers these episodes as foods I can tolerate on one day cause nausea on another day. Also it happens even when I eat low fat low sugar meals as well as when I have foods with higher levels of sugar and fat. Any ideas and suggestions please. I am so happy with my new slimmer self I would love to crack this problem because otherwise I have been problem free post op.

My experience is this...for the first year maybe a bit longer,nausea was a bit of a problem.
Some days I was ok,some days yukky.
I had to get antisickness meds to take on my bad days.

I've never suffered particularly from nausea unless caused by eating the wrong thing or food sticking. However it is something we can have from time to time by our pouch having off days. I'd advise a chat with your team to get some medical reassurance especially if theres no specific foods starting it but it may just be one of those pouch things.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

As Penny said check it out with your team

Do you keep a food diary...there may be a certain type of food triggering you off.

I have had 2 major dumping episodes and 2 minor ones all of which were caused by normally tolerated foods, so you will just have to be careful..sometime its just that extra half a teaspoonful that will tip it over the edge :):)

Take care

Thank you for these replies and suggestions. I will try the food diary and will talk to my Team. I take on board about that final spoonful tipping me over the edge into nausea. That sounds a plausible cause as I have always been prone to overeating and I am still getting used to my pouch and learning what it likes and doesn't like. I guess I will just keeping trying.......

Life is a constant learning curve post-op all part of the fun on this roller coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back