• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice please

hi all.
I had my second fill yesterday under x-ray he placed 2 mil in my band which means i now 7mil in my band...i can not eat soup as it feels very tight and i get a pain in my chest after one mouth full...and i can no longer take gulps of water or juice just small sips could i have reached my sweet spot??????
thank you:wave_cry:

Hi there,
Had my first fill (3mls) on saturday and I feel exactly the same as you with a bit of heartburn thrown in. Look forward to seeing replies

hi all.
I had my second fill yesterday under x-ray he placed 2 mil in my band which means i now 7mil in my band...i can not eat soup as it feels very tight and i get a pain in my chest after one mouth full...and i can no longer take gulps of water or juice just small sips could i have reached my sweet spot??????
thank you:wave_cry:

cherry i dont want to alarm or upset you, but you have gone way past the sweet spot and my opinion is that your band is now way to tight and this can be dangerous, please dont let it go on to long as dehydration can take hold of you very quickly as i know as ive been through it before.

forget the food side of it for now and concentrate on keeping your water intake up with little sips, if theres no improvement by in the morning id recommend you ring your providor for a de fill.

please let me know how you get on.

pm me if you need to.

liz x

Thanks Liz i will take that on board i have drank a lot just not eaten anything....
Thanks for the post wildthing hope it gets better for us both...where did u have yr fill????

it doesnt sound like the sweet spot but could be alot of swelling from fill. i have reached pretty much the sweet spot and have no problem eating on day of fill although very little, as liz said if no better ring your provider it does sound very tight

Hi Cherry Baby,

I had my Op at Dolan Park and then for fill with my X-Ray at Spire hospital in Sutton Coalfield. Managed a yoghurt for brekkie but have to take time between each mouthful, feels really slow going through band. Perhaps there's swelling as well when you have a fill, I don't know.....Hope you're feeling better today.

How you doing this morning Cherrybaby?

As Liz said, this sounds like a very, very tight band, liquids like water should go through no problems, like there there is no band at all.

Restriction should be felt on solids mostly and then on some thicker liquids. That is good restriction and what they call the sweet spot, in other words good restriction.

If you are still struggling with fluids, get a small defill, 1 ml will make the difference.

cherry how is things today ? are you ok ?

thanks caz im feeling so much better today ive drank plenty of fluids and had some soup all stayed down fine..i think i may have had a bit of a bug because my other half has been on the phone and he said he is having the same symptoms as me panic over thought i was going to have to have some fill out thank you all for your advice and thanks again liz u are a god send for this forum..
thanks

hey cherry im glad your ok and the liquids are going in ok, im a worrier when people say they struggle with fluids after a fill as it happened to me and i got severly dehydrated and i wouldnt like that to happen to any one else.

im glad your ok.

liz x

Sorry to jump on this thread -- but (banders) can you 'feel' stuff going through your band? And also, does the 'infill' hurt at all? Been watching Fat Doctor (have a band week on Friday..) and it showed a lass just hop up on the couch and he just stuck a needle in - no anaesthetic (sp?), no x-ray and I was practically almost light headed at the thought? (VERY low pain threshold lol)

I know pain is individual to everyone - but is this going to be like a 'sting' pain or a scrape me off the ceiling that ******* hurt pain?

Sorry to jump on this thread -- but (banders) can you 'feel' stuff going through your band? And also, does the 'infill' hurt at all? Been watching Fat Doctor (have a band week on Friday..) and it showed a lass just hop up on the couch and he just stuck a needle in - no anaesthetic (sp?), no x-ray and I was practically almost light headed at the thought? (VERY low pain threshold lol)

I know pain is individual to everyone - but is this going to be like a 'sting' pain or a scrape me off the ceiling that ******* hurt pain?

hello most of the time i cant feel food passing through my band but i can feel cold or hot drinks go through.

what your describing is called a blind fill with out xray and is quite common, you will not need anestetic for a fill as its no worse than any other needle with a light pressure. most find a fill painless at the most slight discomfort.

i hope that helps a little.

liz x

Can vouch for fills being less painful than you think they are going to be. I am positively looking forward to the one on 18th June, couldn't say that about a blood test or vaccine LOL

Most injections are intramuscular or vascular, this just has to peirce the skin and then it goes into the port, the most you feel is a tiny scratch as the needle goes in, once it's in, you don't know it's there as it is not in a muscle or vein.

When I said I can feel things going through the band, it's because I was told not to overchew the food as this keep s you fuller longer. Sometimes with chicken or fish I am aware of the band more than other times...and as Liz said hot and cold, you can sense those.

Back