• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

frustrated

julieann

I am now about 11 weeks post op and had my second band fill on saturday, i have since been on liquids for three days and am now on my second day of soft food and even though i am trying not to get too obsessive about my weightloss i cannot believe i am not losing any quicker. My first fill was a month ago and from the first to the second fill i only had a 4lb loss which my nurse was happy with but even though i only have just over a stone to go, i still thought that it would come off a little quicker than this, especially after being on liquids for three days. My nurse only put another half a mil in taking me up to five mil so i am just hoping that this small amount will make a difference. Can anyone advise whether it is normal to hit a plateau after a short time and any ideas as to how to get the weight shifting again, sorry to ramble on. julie

Hello there, stalls can happen at any point in any kind of weightloss.

Just stick to what you are doing and you will get there. It can take a few attempts with the fills to get it to the sweetspot...so be patient.

The majority of weight is always lost at the beginning and the last bit is always the toughest but you have done amazingly well so keep the faith.

Be proud of your acheivement and do not dwell too long on the stall, in a couple of weeks time I would not be surprised if you get another good loss.;):)

can't speak from experience but just wanted to say well done so far. hang on in there and i'm sure it will start to shift again in no time xx

I'm not a bandster so by no means an expert, but I would imagine that as you are starting to approach a healthy weight (if your ticker is correct) that weight loss would not be so rapid as some of us with more to lose.

As the others have said, you have done really well with your weight loss so far. Just hang in there and you will reach your target soon

As the others have said its just a platau, you will start lossing again soon, the fill will help that, focus on what you have already lost and be proud of it :)

you are doing fab, i am sure you will start to lose again soon, not that i know as i have not had my band yet but I am sure that averyone has a time when they lose nothing or very little then they may lose more.
good luck
xx

you should have maybe been wd how slow the weightloss is with a band what bypassers will do in 9-12 months will take a bander 2yrs it is slow and steady , i only stay on liquids day of a fill never after that not needed to and not told to, as long as your clinic happy with your loss you should be they are the experts so chin up you have done brilliantly!!

Back