• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Somedays i cant eat

I had my second fill 2 weeks ago at first i really struggle coz the band was so tight...I can eat very small amounts of food but somedays i cant eat anything as the band feel very very tight and also i dont feel hungy...liquids are going down fine has anyone else felt like this,..i have 7mil in my band
can anyone advise?

Thanks cherry:wave_cry:

Hi Cherry

I would suggest contacting your provider, its not good that somedays you cant anything x

Hi Cherry

sorry I'm not much help, but hope it gets better soon...you must be so worried not being able to eat....perhaps you need a little taken out of the band? :hug99::hug99:

i agree sounds like your to tight, a de fill would sort this problem out x

Question: Is there such a thing as having the band tightened too much?
Answer: Yes, the band can be over-adjusted. When the band is too tight, patients cannot eat solid foods without regurgitating the food or feeling very uncomfortable for many hours. When the band is too tight, patients tend to gain weight because they are resorting to the liquid and/or softer foods that travel through the band easily. These foods tend to be higher in fat and higher in sugar. When patients start this dysfunctional eating pattern, they are taking in more calories than if the band was looser. A band that is too tight will also cause heartburn and coughing in some patients.

It sounds like you need to consider a defill - hope you get this sorted.:)

excellent post caz ! it says i cant rep you tho x

Thank you all im going to call them tomoz and arrange a de-fill for as soon as poss as im of to egypt next thursday and i cant take the risk of the band tightening any further as that may stop me tolerating fluids once again thank you all
Cherry

thats a very sensible decision, as risk of it tightning more on hols is high and it wouldnt be nice beeing poorly on your trip away through dehydration.

good luck and i hope you have a great time away x

liz x

Thanks Liz Im sure i will when i have the de-fill i know it sounds strange but i am craving veg and salads but with one mouthfull im in agony and sick...i really cant wait to eat some healty food
thanks cherry

cherry a band isnt supposed to stop you eating these healthy foods so the decision to get a de fill is the right one in my opinion , enjoy your salad after your de fill, i had a tuna/mayo salad today and it was very nice. even a half a mil out can make a big difference.

let us know how you get on xxx

Hi, you've had great advice from Liz and Caz and I agree with what they have said. You really need to be eating some foods so I too would advise speaking with your provider regarding a small de-fill. Good luck and keep us informed as we will also learn from your experience. xxGaynorxx

I felt like that the first week after my first fill but the second week was much better and as long as I chew and eat slowly it seems to be ok now...

Thanks everyone i called the provider today and because ive had trouble on my second fill they couldnt do it blind so i had to have an x-ray fill...ive decided not to take the chance on the blind fill again and im booked in for and x-ray de-fill on saturday for a further £225 money i havent got but my health is more important than money thank u all for ur super super adviceCherry

Back