• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down

julieann

I seem to have come to a stand still with my weightloss and its getting me down. I had my third band fill just over a week and a half ago and thought and hoped that i may have hit the sweet spot but even though i can feel restriction i still can eat most foods and yes there have been a couple of occasions where something has got stuck and ive had to be sick, i thought restriction would be a lot tighter than it is. My nurse is really pleased with my weightloss and said that as i havent much more to lose the weightloss would slow down, but she also said that after this last fill ( she put .75 mil in) there would probably be a lot of foods that i wouldnt be able to eat, but this doesnt seem to be the case so not sure whether i do actually need anymore put in and its really getting me down now. Sorry to rant on but just needed to get it off my chest. julie

hi julieanne, we all plataeu from time to time, are you doing any regular exercise ? that helps alot to kick starting the weight loss again, if your not exercising try a little it will help, if your already exercising try upping the pace a little, just a suggestion, hope it helps.

liz xxx

Your doing really well chick your over half way to target and that is very good....we all slow down at various stages....dont be so hard on yourself...xx

thanks all for your words of support, started off a bit more positive and then this afternoon got a piece of pineapple stuck and i mean properly stuck, i think i made myself sick 4 times before i eventually got rid on the 5th attempt, it was really frightening and as much as i tried to stay calm i really started to panic. Anyway it has left me very sore and i worried that i might have done some damage to the band with all the retching but spoke to my bariatric nurse and she said that my stomach was just swollen so i am back on liquids for 24hours on their advice, dont think i will be eating pineapple again though. julie

glad your feeling a bit more positive today, sorry to hear about the pineapple, fruits are so unpredictable at times.

Sorry to hear your abit down, this is the place to come though.... it is awful when something gets stuck, i have had that experience many a time.... the other one I struggle with is drink to fast..... keep going your doing greatxxxx

Back