• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice!

lisa2003

hi all
just been refered for wls by my gp, just wondered if anyone could tell me the next steps as i cant seem to find the answers anywere. i live in doncaster so think the op may be sheffield.

Welcome Lisa, I'm from London and half way through my journey, all PCT'S seem to work differently, someone will be along from your area who'll be able to answer your queries, I didn't want to just read and run....good luck on your journey..Jan

Hi Lisa

I don't come under your PCT but once my GP referred me I had an inital appointment with the surgeon, which we discussed my past eating habits, what type of surgery I wanted and any questions I had. I was asked to give a letter of commitment. I then waited 13 weeks for my psychiatrist which was then followed by a dietician appointment. I had a few further dietician appointments and was set a weight loss target, I was placed on the waiting list for surgery and finally had my operation 22 weeks after being placed on the surgery list.

Do bear in mind that each PCT is different and yours may require sleep apeona tests etc. But I am sure someone from your area will be along shortly.

Hi Lisa... just to show how different the experience is in different parts of the country, my journey started with the knee consultant who said he wouldn't contemplate a replacement at my weight and would I like him to refer me to his bariatric colleague ? I had my first (and only) WLS consultation in July last year, then attended an information session in September when I was also accepted onto the waiting list. I will have my operation next week. I haven't had to undergo psych tests, sleep tests, or attend a weight management clinic. There's bound to be someone here from your area who can tell you what to expect. Good luck !

Rose

Have you been asked to choose where you would like to have your op?

If so see if there is a local support group cos you get masses of info, support and advice from these.

Although I live in Yorks every PCT seems to do things differently

Good luck - hope it goes well for you

Angela xxx

It really seems like a minefield, but will be worth it in the end if i get accepted. thanks everyone

Back