• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New here

Ananda

Never been here before it is all new to me. I have had referal to the dieticians who have agreed I can have surgery. Thing is I now have a huge dilema. I have choices where to be refered. I can have my surgery done by the new bariatric team in Doncaster where I live and be seen in a short time. Or go on the very long waiting list to be seen in Sheffield by Mr Ackroyd's team. Has anyone here been through the new service in Doncaster where I would be seen and had surgery by the end of the year or do I wait for an appointment at Sheffield. Thanks for taking tome to read folks. Amanda xxx

p.s. I am at 169 kilos. And bmi of 55 so am desperate to get sorted out

Hello Ananda, welcome to the site. sorry i can't help with your question but i hope someone will answer shortly.

1.gif

Hi Amanda, welcome to the site. I don't live in your area and can't comment re different providers there. But, if it were me I would go for the fastest route. Good luck with your decision.

Hi Amanda and welcome
I would go the quickest route, My weight and BMI was a little more than yours and even another month of waiting would have been too long xxxx

Hi there Amanda and a very warm welcome to this fantastic site :)

I am with everyone else, i would go the fastest possible route for you. If you dont you may be regretting it later :) xx

Thank you so much for all the advice. To be honest I was thinking quickest would be best myself but was just a little nurvous about Doncaster being a new team. Hopefully I should be on next months seminar and I won't have a massive wait xxxxx

Very best wishes Amanda and wishing you well on your journey... sending love and hugs your way xxx

Good luck on you weight loss journey home you keep us all up to date, it gives everyone like me hope when i hear of people getting their surgery dates.
love

Hello and welcome Amanda.. I understand the dilemma of going with someone you've heard of Mr Ackroyd or the new team...

Personally if i was still pre op i'd choose the quickest route, and now i'm post op and had the very talented Mr Khan i would still choose the quickest route.... Get in there while you can girl, this operation will change your life xxx

Hi Amanda and welcome to WLS........Im very very impatient so I would go the fastest route for sure..........hopefully I wouldnt live to regret it lol :D Im sure you will be fine, its not like they will let the cleaners do it :D x

Welcome Amanda. don't be scared to ring your pct in doncaster and ask questions about the bariatric team. you might even find that there is a cross over and you get the same surgeon as you would elsewhere. I fully intend to ask my surgeon about his mortality rate etc before i have the op.

Hi Amanda. Welcome. Congrats on the referral..and i'd go quickest, and think yorkiegals idea to call and speak to the team is a great one.

:)Welcome Amanda:)

I would (and have) take the slowest route!!!!! -

but I have done it with the knowledge that I was probably not going to get NHS funding & so could pick & pay for a time/place/surgeon etc., when I felt fully ready mentally and informed to undertake wls

I too would take the quickest route.

All the surgeons even if new to bariatric surgery will have been very well trained and apparently bariatric surgery is just a variation of surgery already done for other conditions!!

Go for it - you won't regret it!!

xxx

Hi Amanda, i second everything being said really... if you have chance to have it earlier than GO for it!!! with all the set backs etc the other long waiting list could get longer!!
and a new team will be eager to get good reputation etc.

Jayne

Back