• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering WLS - questions, please help!

Hiya
I don't think any PMIs cover WLS surgery in this country - maybe it was a US website you saw it on?
I had my bypass done privately and did not need a referral from my GP. I saw the surgeon on the 15th Dec and had my op on the 27th Dec!! Best thing I ever did!! Good luck with your quest

Hi Lauren and Grom - it was a Uk website but I think I have established they wont pay now! they were just implying that you can get referred privatly to them.

Oh well looks like paying for it is my only option.

Got some info from a few places today and the aftercare does vary, so does the price accordingly.

Hi Mazza, The Hospital Group, based atDolan Park Hosp. near Bromsgrove do a "Why Go Abroad" package, which at your BMI would be £4,950. I'm going with them but sadly have a much higher BMI than you and will cost £500 more. I researched a lot and this was the best deal I could find. This includes, bed, surgery, follow up x-ray. You are in one night. I'm getting mine done on 22nd. Other people on here have also been to Dolan Park. You would have to pay for your own fills at £125 each, but I will find it easier to save this money every few months than have the £7,500 full package.
Lv Jenni x

Now thats sound a good idea - thanks! x

Hi Mazza, The Hospital Group, based atDolan Park Hosp. near Bromsgrove do a "Why Go Abroad" package, which at your BMI would be £4,950. I'm going with them but sadly have a much higher BMI than you and will cost £500 more. I researched a lot and this was the best deal I could find. This includes, bed, surgery, follow up x-ray. You are in one night. I'm getting mine done on 22nd. Other people on here have also been to Dolan Park. You would have to pay for your own fills at £125 each, but I will find it easier to save this money every few months than have the £7,500 full package.
Lv Jenni x

Have just re read your post and realised you are having it done very soon - doh! sorry for not wishing you good luck!

Hope it goes well, please let me know how you get on, the Hospital Group is looking the favourite for me at the moment!

Maz x

I went with Surgicare - can't fault them!

Going for it!

Hi and thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Taking all your advice into account and after spending 'hours' reading through peoples journeys, I have decided to go private.

I am waiting for an appointment with the WLS group to have a gastric band fitted. Of all of the companies I contacted they were the only ones who provided all the info I needed plus the aftercare sounds very good.

Will keep you all updated with how things go - and thanks again for your advice!

Maz x :D

Back