• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New here

Hi and welcome, choices, choices, eh???!! ultimately it's down to you, getting it done sooner rather than later would be the best bet, but if you really want it done with the 'name' then obviously you have to wait, just thinking out loud here, but what about here in Leeds also, was that an option you thought about maybe??

Thank you so much to you all for your kind words and encouragement. I am so glad I found this site and all the lovely people on here.

Amanda xxx

welcome to WLS amanda - given the choice i think id take the quickest route also but please be sure its the right thing for you before making the decision. ask your sergeon the questions you want answering first. just because the team has been set up recently doesnt mean the surgeon himself hasnt had experiance somewhere else before hand. the op itself may just take a little longer as the new team gets used to working with each other.
best wishes and good luck on your Journey throught WLS
XXXX

hi amanda ive just joined today this is my first post lol im in the same situation im in doncaster ive just been accepted for the bypass but ive been a bit worried about having done at doncaster but ive thought about this a lot and think doncaster is the way to go they are new but im sure they are strictly trained as every other surgoen is i here to that sheffield has a large waiting list hope every thing goes well where ever you choose

helen :)

Well again like everyone says, take that early opportunity and have the surgery sooner, the new team are still going to be highly skilled at their jobs so don't worry. Good luck and keep us posted x

Hello Amanda and welcome to the site. Im from Sheffield and under Mr Ackroyds team. Im looking at December for a bypass, but to honest if i could have had it done sooner with some one else i would have. Iv been waiting since January when i was first referred. Its a very long road anyway and some people have been waiting 2 years plus, so maybe the shorter route for you would be a wiser option. Good luck on your decision lovey Andrea (sugga)x

Back