• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice!

TinaBee

Hi Everyone, i'm booked to have Gastric Band op on 16 April. Although it is an exteme measure i've been struggling with my weight for the last 18 years and have tried everything (including doing nothing at all!!). I'm nervous and excited too. But i wondered if anyone could help me with what happens afterwards. I've been trawling the internet trying to get more advice but with no luck. What can you eat what cant you eat?? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks xx:wave_cry:

hi hun im having bypass but dont worry ur in good hands here u will find loads of info and help from others who have been through the same as you ..... look out for liz she is a bander and read what she has to say xxxx good luck hun xxx

What you "can" eat seems to vary in different people, I can't eat anything spicey or pickled but I can eat high fat and high sugar stuff without "dumping"

im a bander the main things i cant et now are bread pasta rice fish i have a real problem with as well it does vary from person to person tho i can still eat a great variety of things its really trial and error finding out the foods that work best for you, things like jacket potatoes are great because they stay in the pouch longer keeping you feeling full you will find lots of advice on here this place has been a god send for me especially in the earlier days post op

Hi TinaBee, & welcome.

I'm waiting for my surgery date so cannot advise you from personal experience yet. However, there will be many along who willbe able to. As you read through the threads, you will find lots of valuable info on the subject of what to eat. Check out the 'WLS recipes' sticky. Also check out this video from the ‘All things wls’ sticky - Eating After Weight Loss Surgery.

Best wishes for your surgery & beyond.

Oh thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. It helps and i dont feel quite so isolated!!! I didnt know i was a bander!! I do now! I shall be using this site alot and look forward to getting to know everyone better and being able to support others xxxxxx thanks again

I am a bypasser and there is not much I cant eat but I have to say I have lost the taste for sweet stuff by about 99%....just dont fancy it at all now...xx

Hi Tina, you have come to the right place for help and advice, it has been invaluable to me, the help and advice that people can give you here - plus support as many have been through it already as well as the many like me who are pre-op.
I too am having the band (on 22nd) at Dolan Park. I have been on milk diet for 40 hours now and feel a bit wobbly! Are you going private or with NHS?

Back