• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly banded - hunger has now returned

traceyb79

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice from banders.

I was banded just over two weeks ago and I have now got to the normal hunger stage and forgetting I have actually been banded. I don't have my fill for another two and a half weeks.

I just wondered how your guys dealt with this once your hunger returned.

Did you count calories? If so what did you aim for ?

I feel a bit lost at the moment as I can't eat what I
Would do yet on a normal diet and not sure what diet or healthy eating plan to eat really, I'm having re educate my eating but u hadn't really thought about that yet I thought I wouldn't have been at this stage just yet.

Any advice gratefully received x

Tracey

Monalisa

Hi Tracey
Are you not doing the post op diet liquids purée then soft food? I had to follow that for four to six weeks after banding?? Xx

traceyb79

Hi x yes I am currently on the soft stage after having done two weeks of liquids. I am sticking to this bit finding I can eat quite a lot even when sticking to the 20:20:20 rule. I'm just worried I'm eating too much

Monalisa

As long as you stick to the diet and the rules you'll be fine you will be able to eat more at this stage as you have no restriction x

traceyb79

Thanks x just scary having no restriction and feeling like I did before x I know it will take time I just don't want to put it all back on x x

Xx

Crystalrainbow

Its all a matter of will right now sweetheart..... stick to the rules and the diet sheet....yes you will be feeling ravenous right now ....find something to occupy your mind and hands......... good luck x x x x remember not to be tempted your tums still healing inside x x x

traceyb79

Thank you x I sometimes need reminding that I
Have the band and it's still healing as it's hard when you have no pains etc x x

Crystalrainbow

Its a tough time but try and be mindful, it all takes time.... remember your band is a tool to help you, but you have to do a lot of the hard work yourself..... stay focused and remember why your doing this, it should help keep you on the straight and narrow.....remember to follow the 20 20 20 rule.....it will help keep your hunger at bay x x x x x