• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have appt with Wendy at WLS Group:)

minxie

I've gone ahead and booked my appointment with Wendy - its on Sunday 16th July so not too long to wait. I'm both really excited and really nervous:eek:

I have got a long list of questions to ask but has anyone else any suggestions of what to ask, or what they wish they had asked?

I've been told that I can make appt for surgery before meeting the surgeon - is this a good idea? I'm keen to get on with it all now as have been reading forums and other info non-stop for about 3 weeks and am certain that this is what I want to do.

I'm planning to go to Orpinton, Mr El-Hasani so any tips or advice or personal experiences would be really gratefully received:)

Hi Minxie, I went with the WLS and Mr El-Hasani last October, they have been excellent, Chelsfield staff were also great, couldn't do enough, Best money I've ever spent, good luck on Sunday, Wendy is lovely and continues to be of great help as are all the team .

Thanks Janzz. Did you have a band or bypass? And may I ask how your weightloss has been? I can't wait to be a post-opper!

Hi Minxie, i had a bypass, I booked the surgery without meeting El Hasani but I spoke to people who had him, so wasn't worried. I've lost about 8 st, a couple more to go..so so happy.

Hi minxie, I had a bypass in June withe wls group. They have been really good, I get a phone call every week to see how I'm getting on and review appointments. I also know that if I have a wobble i can just phone. It was £9000 very well spent. Hope that helps.

Julie

Hi I was with WLS Group too, different surgeon and I had a band but with them its all about the aftercare. I have been very pleased with every aspect.

Good luck, Wendy is lovely!

I had a bypass in Nov 2009 with El-Hasani through the WLSurgery Group at the Chelsfield. The whole process was quick, easy and very efficient.

The Chelsfield hospital staff were excellent, I can't fault them in any way. I found Mr El-Hasani a very pleasant man and very knowledgeable. There have been some complaints on here about his bedside manner, but I just found him completley professional.

Before the op the WLS Surgery group were very helpful, friendly and promised the earth. However the after care is basically just a phone call each week for he first few few weeks, then it reduces to one phonecall a month.

I visited Harley Street 2 weeks after the surgery expecting to be examined and have my wounds checked, however all I got was a lecture on diet. I never was physically checked at Harley St, and never got called back to the Chelsfield for a check, this I was quite surprised by.

I've only once been back to the clinic since, this was for my one year check, where basically I had a quick chat and they weighed me.

All in all Im very happy with the service I received, the WLSurgery Group are on the end of the phone anytime you need them, so you can call, but don't be surprised by the lack of physical after care.

Hi Minxie :)
I have my WLS Harley Street appt 6th Aug and have already booked surgery for 4th Sept with Mr El-Hasani at The Chelsfield...... I saw him as an NHS patient and also my GP raves about him saying he is one of the best Bariatric Surgeons in the country. A lot of people on here also rate him highly as a surgeon just maybe not so much his bedside manner.
Perhaps we can be buddies and swap experiences... let me know.
Sarah xxx

Back