• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise please

Slimstar?

Hi everyone I'm after some advise. I'm 18 weeks post op and been getting on fine however yesterday i had a really bad day nothing was staying down and I felt awful. I called my provider and they said as long as fluids were going down ok that I was fine but booked me I for an urgent aspiration tomorrow. I will add that I haven't been well over the last week or so with a stinking cold and bad chest. They said that sometimes when your ill your stomach can swell and its like having an adjustment. Anyway today I seems to be fine intact things are going down really well. I'm thinking of cancelling my appointment tomorrow but now I'm worried things are going down too well. Should I be worried?

having a cold etc and feeling unwell can tighten the band and if you hit times like this. Just head back to liquids (it's not worth trying to get food down) also when the swelling goes or the band loosens it can feel as if its gone the other way. it doesnt sound as if you need an aspiration if youre feeling ok, but maybe worth leaving for a while, see how it goes and then booking for a fill if you find you have less restriction. After not being able to eat anything when that over restriction feeling goes its like we can eat a. horse but often settles down and it is often worth leaving it a while to see where you are :) .

Thank you v much. I feel so much better after reading this. It's the first time I've had something like this since my op and all of a sudden I'm in panic mode and imagining the worst. To be fair I've just had two crackers and although they went down ok I have that normal feeling of the band saying that's enough now so kinda breathed a sigh of relief when I was almost in tears an hour or so ago x

if you find your struggle, head back to liquids for a few days and then start mash and then solids, it can give things time to settle and if its still not right then it's often time for action. time for urgent action is if you cannot even get liquids down...

Back