• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed please!!!!

rubyred15

I, every one ,,,I need some advise please, I think I'm over restricted, I am booked for a refill Wednesday morning ,, I can't get anything down at all and I'm havering bad bad acid reflux at night , it's waking me up with no sights it's comeing up even up through my nose , and I'm choking ,,,,,can't get anything past my band , I've just lost my dad , I buried him yesterday ,,,, so stress isn't helping I've been like this for at least a month now , I thought it would settle down but it's got worse,,,,,need advise urgent trying to just soldier on till Wednesday.

fbscpa

If you can't get liquids down I would get in touch with your provider ASAP to organise a slight defill as it an emergency. If you can tolerate liquids I would stick on liquids until Wednesday if you can.

Very sorry to hear about your dad :( xxx

emmahc1975

Sounds like you need a defill, especially if you cant keep liquids down. You can dehydrate fast so get a defill as an emergency

emmahc1975

I think if you go to nhs they will completely empty the band. Not sure though. Maybe someone else could confirm?

Julcsi

I went to Luton six weeks ago and although it is recommended that they take all out, I mamaged to get him to get "only" 1.5mls out. Was better this way.

HelenAngelfish

My friends band was completely emptied on the NHS as she was self funded and her providers appointment was over a week away.

The NHS told her there priority is to ensure your safety they won't fill or defill, unless the NHS did the op originally - St Marys no longer do the band xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

HelenAngelfish

If you're in pain I think you should go to an NHS Bariatric centre xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

top_kat

call your provider as they are all signs of over restriction, even if you go to NHS hospital you should contact your provider because it can invalidate the aftercare package that your provider offers

Julcsi

I wasn't told anything about this TopKat. They asked who my provider was but there was no mention of contacting them. Mind you, I got no aftercare package anymore.
Surprisingly the doc who took fluid out asked me to get referral for a follow up appt from gp. Not sure why and if this will happen, but we shall see.
got info from a doc that it is fine to put fluid back after 5 weeks so fluid is nearly where it was. It wasn't done by THG.

rubyred15

Hi,guys thank you for all your help replies,,,,,I got my de-fill was at 8.05 mls in my 10 ml band but was very very tight over filled My weight was 11-4. Got de-fill to 7.8 mls feel 100 x times better. ,,,,,,,,,,,, but now I've gained nearly 2 stone in weight ? I'm 2 years in and my care package has just finished ? I know I'm eating more I don't know what to do,,I've rang my provider Surgicare I can pay for 3 more fills but not sure if I want anymore fills. ,,,,,,,,,,, do you think it will be worth it to tweek it just a little bit more ore should I leave well allone all through the 2 years I've never had a gain ,,,, so I'm feeling a little bit discussed in myself at the moment? Any advise please thank you ruby red x

Last edited: