• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise re slowing of weight loss

jen007

I am only 3/4 weeks post op (sleeve). I remember reading somewhere on this wonderful forum that your weight can stall a little when you progress onto stage 2 and 3 of your post op diet.... Well my weight has stayed the same for the past 5 days. I know this has happened to some others and I also know that I am not eating incorrectly but I could still do with a little advice and support from others .
Thanks

I am only 3/4 weeks post op (sleeve). I remember reading somewhere on this wonderful forum that your weight can stall a little when you progress onto stage 2 and 3 of your post op diet.... Well my weight has stayed the same for the past 5 days. I know this has happened to some others and I also know that I am not eating incorrectly but I could still do with a little advice and support from others .
Thanks
Don't worry it will start up again, its your body trying to conserve stored energy (it will think you are starving) so it will slow metabolism down a bit.
Initially I stalled for several days at a time over first 3 months but overall lost around a stone a month 1st 3 months then it dropped to around 1/2 stone have lost 6.5 stone since January with my sleeve, when I was sticking re weight I noticed my body seemed to be reshaping and clothes felt looser.
Just remember to eat regular small meals and include plenty protein and drink plenty fluids.
Once you either get back to work or begin gentle exercise it will kick off metabolism again.

Just happened to me last week but I'm a bander but now seems to be back moving again x

Jen i seemed to have stalled and im 2 weeks today, hope it starts again soon x

Early days yet hun,its not a race and your body will do its own thing.I would stress never compare others weight losses to your own.Maz x

Jen, don't panic. I lost every other week and the weeks in between I maintained but lost inches. I'm now 14 weeks out and have gone from a size 24 to a 16..! All is good princess and as long as you know you're doing everything right then you have nothing to worry about. Plus 3 to 4 weeks isn't a very long time at all, you will still be swollen inside from your op. I challenge you to keep off the scales for 2 weeks and when you next get on you'll be blown away with your success, I promise xxxxx

I challenge you to keep off the scales for 2 weeks and when you next get on you'll be blown away with your success, I promise xxxxx

OMG, what a wonderful idea! I am going to see if I can do this... Been far too obsessed with my damn scales these past couple of weeks and having "bad" days.
Am going away for 5 days to see family from Thursday so am not going to stand on my scales until monday 14th november. Eep!

Oh u are all so wonderful. I was beginning to wonder if I would be one of those people who the sleeve doesn't work for!!
Thankyou all for your advise... I will stay away from the scales for two weeks and then see where I am. Xx

I think it's common now looking at all the people who have a sleeve at around 2-4 weeks people are stalling for a little bit until body gets used to it. We should def do a stay of the scales thread lol I for one would join in and only get weighed once a month for the monthly challenges it would be nice for once not to obsess with the scales (might take them to me mams). Great idea phil :) x x x

Back