• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to minimins and just got my funding for gastric bypass

brett30

keep smiling
Hello to who ever is reading..

well im a 30yr male i have been over weight most my life im 6ft 25stone.

have been on the larger side most my life i grew up in childrens homes and im gay.

bit of a mixed up child hood but hey theres worse ways to live out there ..

so here i am after going many years back to see a doctor for a weight loss surgery in middlesbrough cleveland i was told i was perfect for the op.. so i waited almost 2 years thinking i was going to have the op . the doctor told me he was putting together a list of people who he thought needed the op and then he would apply for funding i was 15th on the list. i then found out after waiting for such a long time he never got funding and was still waiting for it ..

i was 26stone i could not go on anylonger the way i was i could hardly do anything for my self my health was so bad.

i went to my gp and said give me every weight loss pill you have so i went on reductil this wa when it was first avail in the uk after much testing.

i was on it a year and i lost 7 1/2 stone but then was took off the pill and left to my self to cope ..

so over the years it all came back and im now back to the way i was.

so i went to my gp in london and told them i need something doing about my weight .. and my poor health. so i went to see a endocronolagist to see if i had that diabetic problem with weight .

came back normal so the doctor from the hospital wrote to my gp and said put him forward for weight loss surgery.

so thats what we did and with in 4 weeks i got my funding my doctor was so excited for me she called me in and told me xmas had come early lol i was over the moon i had been waiting for years for this help.

so now i have been ref to the whittington hospital in london as i was given a choice of 3 hospitals and after calling around them to find out the time between referal and operation time they had 6-8 weeks unlike 12 months i was told by another ..

and not only that after reading about the hospital ans also seeing how much info and help they have on there site and offer on the phone i was so happy to find a hospital like this.

so i emailed the surgeon and keyworkers with in 1 hr i had an email from the surgeon and a call from the support line ..

they told me everything i needed to know.

so now im waiting for my first appointment at the hospital and hopefully i will have my op done in the next 3 months..

to anyone out there who is going through the same i hope you all the best and make sure you research every avenue of whats avail out there cause when i started this the only help i could find was in the USA .. there was not much info on the uk side of it but its slowly becoming more and more ..

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :D XX

Hello to who ever is reading..

well im a 30yr male i have been over weight most my life im 6ft 25stone.

have been on the larger side most my life i grew up in childrens homes and im gay.

bit of a mixed up child hood but hey theres worse ways to live out there ..

so here i am after going many years back to see a doctor for a weight loss surgery in middlesbrough cleveland i was told i was perfect for the op.. so i waited almost 2 years thinking i was going to have the op . the doctor told me he was putting together a list of people who he thought needed the op and then he would apply for funding i was 15th on the list. i then found out after waiting for such a long time he never got funding and was still waiting for it ..

i was 26stone i could not go on anylonger the way i was i could hardly do anything for my self my health was so bad.

i went to my gp and said give me every weight loss pill you have so i went on reductil this wa when it was first avail in the uk after much testing.

i was on it a year and i lost 7 1/2 stone but then was took off the pill and left to my self to cope ..

so over the years it all came back and im now back to the way i was.

so i went to my gp in london and told them i need something doing about my weight .. and my poor health. so i went to see a endocronolagist to see if i had that diabetic problem with weight .

came back normal so the doctor from the hospital wrote to my gp and said put him forward for weight loss surgery.

so thats what we did and with in 4 weeks i got my funding my doctor was so excited for me she called me in and told me xmas had come early lol i was over the moon i had been waiting for years for this help.

so now i have been ref to the whittington hospital in london as i was given a choice of 3 hospitals and after calling around them to find out the time between referal and operation time they had 6-8 weeks unlike 12 months i was told by another ..

and not only that after reading about the hospital ans also seeing how much info and help they have on there site and offer on the phone i was so happy to find a hospital like this.

so i emailed the surgeon and keyworkers with in 1 hr i had an email from the surgeon and a call from the support line ..

they told me everything i needed to know.

so now im waiting for my first appointment at the hospital and hopefully i will have my op done in the next 3 months..

to anyone out there who is going through the same i hope you all the best and make sure you research every avenue of whats avail out there cause when i started this the only help i could find was in the USA .. there was not much info on the uk side of it but its slowly becoming more and more ..

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :D XX

:wow:Brett - what an amazing Christmas present! Welcome to Minis, I am not as far down the line as you, my GP has just referred me. So pleased that you will soon be losing, it seems that they are really on their game! :bliss:
Lxx

Hi Brett,

Welcome to Mini's. I'm 5 1/2 months post op and it's already completely changed my life.

You'll find loads of info and support on here so jump in and get to know everyone.

hello liz and shell thanks for your messages ...

well done shell do you have pictures of before and after..

and to liz yea it seams they are getting on with it quickly these days. so this time next year we will be our perfect selfs and be able to shop for even more clothes x

Hi Brett
Congrats on the funding, great start to the new year for you. Welcome to Minis

xx

hello liz and shell thanks for your messages ...

well done shell do you have pictures of before and after..

and to liz yea it seams they are getting on with it quickly these days. so this time next year we will be our perfect selfs and be able to shop for even more clothes x

Mmmmmmmm... Clothes! :gimi:
You lucky thing living in the big smoke with all those gorgeous shops!

Lx

Last edited:
thanks, yes my pics are in my album on here, but they can't be accessed until you have made 50 posts.

Hello :wavey:
Welcome to mini's...I had my gastric bypass one month ago yesterday and i feel brilliant now and am loosing weight all the time- my jeans are literally falling down on me!! hehe!!
Anyway.. just wanted to say 'hi' :D
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi there and welcome. I am 8 weeks post-op and feeling great. My recovery has been brilliant and the pounds just keep coming off. Best of luck to you.;););)

hi and welcome brett, i wish you luck on your weight loss journey.

liz x

Hi Brett and welcome to minis. i had the bypass in May and i can honestly say it has been the best thing i ever did. If you need any advice or help everyone on here will help and heres to 2009 for your big year of change. look forward to tracking your story x

Hi Brett, I'm waiting for my op date too! I couldn't stop smiling when I came away from my first hospital appointment, which is lovely cuz I don't really smile alot lately! I can't wait to find it again. Glad you finally got your funding etc. Good luck and I will follow your journey and look forward to reading about your progress. Take are

Hi Brett
I am also waiting for bypass surgery in the new year, good luck with yours:D:D

Hi Brett,
Congratulations on getting funding! Which hospital are you going to and which surgeon?
Good luck

Emma
x

Back