• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still waiting for funding after Doctor got me confused with someone else:-(

Hi everyone,

I posted recently explaining that my Dr said I did have funding but couldn't find the letter?
Still waiting for him to ring me back with confirmation I ended up chasing him today and surprise surprise, he had me confused with someone else and actually the funding office does not even have my referral :cry:

As if this is not a very long and tireing road after making the biggest decision of your life, to be told you have funding then to be told ooppppsss No you dont, im at my wits end and am so angry and upset:confused::(:sigh::cry:

Suzanne xx

How blooming frustrating!!

If he is going to apply to the Commissioning Group, they give a decision within days. My GP sent the application on the 10th May and they wrote back on the 19th x

Please don't get your hopes up, I sincerely hope you get told soon but all PCT's are different. My application took 3 years to hey approval. Sorry to be so negative but you need to stay focused as you will get approval it may just take a while. As soon as you know that your GP has made the application give it a few day and call the PCT direct to make sure they have it. Get a name at the PCT for the person who will be dealing with the paperwork and then phone them every few months to check progress.
Take care

BigDave

Oh dear..... please stay positive, sometimes these people seem to have no idea what we're going through, just makig the decision to go for surgery, do they?

Hope they sort it out soon for you

Deep breath hun its on its way!

Morning

Just checked the dialling codes. If he has applied the the commissioning group then that contact number he gave you will begin 01903. When I spoke to them they said they consider the application within 2 days of receipt.

If the contact number he gave you is 01273 then he has applied to the PCT. When I spoke to the woman there she said they take 2-3 months.

Both the Commissioning Group and the PCT have a different list of approved providers. The PCT's are in West Sussex and Ashford, Middlesex. The CG's are all in London.

If you come to the next support group meeting the woman who runs it has quite few helpful handouts, or I can copy mine x

I hope things are sorted zoo. It's tough I know but chin up and although I hope you have a smooth ride the road can be very long and full of pot holes along the way.

everyones journey is different,so no point comparing, ,ups and downs will def be included,( tears too sometimes! in my case )and all you can hope is that its a fairly short one ,and that the ups out weigh the downs x and i for one wish you all the best and hope its sorted soon x

Back