• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi im new, and merry christmas

mummy2309

Hi all, not sure where to start im Emma, im 32
I have been overweight my whole life and have been trying to get funding for the weight loss surgery for 3 years and has just got the ok for funding and surgery, my family are all really scared about the op hoping to hear from other people

Hi all, not sure where to start im Emma, im 32
I have been overweight my whole life and have been trying to get funding for the weight loss surgery for 3 years and has just got the ok for funding and surgery, my family are all really scared about the op hoping to hear from other people

Welcome Emma! We are at a similar stage, what area are you?
Merry Xmas too x

im in stockport, cheshire, where are you ??

In bexley in Kent just outside London x

The people on here are so supportive and knowledgable but I guess it's a bit quiet coz of Xmas.
I got my funding just a couple if weeks ago and have appointment with the team on Friday. Then dietician on 24th January. So all systems go, but it can't come soon enough LOL
RUDDERS X

Welcome :) It is scary and life changing - your family are right to worry. But talk to them and keep them involved and most will stand by you.

thank you for the replys, im so ready for the next stage of my life, i have 2 wonderful children who need there mum, im worried myself about the op but im a heart attack waiting to happen, i've already had a a stroke when i was 21 so i know things need to change

good luck rudders for the appointment on friday

Hi mummy2309 and welcome. You will find this site really helpful. I'm fairly new but have found the info and people so helpful. I'm 38 from merseyside and am waiting for a date for my bypass after a long wait. It's scary but exciting too, hope you find this site helpful !!

thank you all for the warm welcome, and good luck with everything xx

Hi everyone im sam and i had the gastric bypass just over 5weeks ago...i have read on here such good info along with another lady that i met at the same hospital that i was in.. ive lost 2stone so far but has stopped in the last 2nhalf weeks but im sure thats coz i dont like to go out much...unless im with someone of course.am i the only one on here that has stopped losing weight atm and will it pick up again soon...i am hoping to start up swimming soon so hopefully that should help with my weight loss. Hope everyone had a fab xmas & those people that hasnt yet had it done yet well i just hope you made the most of all the lovely xmas food..

hi sam how you feeling since the op

Hiya hun, welcome to the forum. If you need any advice this is the place to be. good luck on your wls journey. Happy New Year x

thank you for the warm welcome and good luck with your op

Hi Emma (I'm Emma too)! I just wanted to wish you luck and congratulate you on getting funding. I had a bypass just over three months ago and I love it! I'll be honest, I absolutely regretted it for about 5 or 6 weeks. Now, I've lost almost 5 stones and I can buy lovely clothes. I have three kids and when I take them to soft play or the park I don't feel like everyone is looking at me or judging me anymore - I feel normal!

As for food, I can eat most things. I can eat bread (although not too much, if I buy a packet sandwich at work I eat about 2/3rds of half of it and save the other half for the next day). I can eat all meats, rice, eggs. I've tried fried egg once but it was gross - far too fatty for me so I stay away from them now.

As for sweet foods - when I was two weeks out I had tesco no added sugar angel delight and I dumped big time. I felt like I was going to die, my heart was racing, I was hot and felt like I was going to pass out. When I was four weeks out I had corned beef with a bit of pastry(!) with gravy and new potatoes all mashed together and I dumped on that but it was chronic poos and not the dizzy sugar dumping.

Both of these episodes were awful so they have made me very wary of sweet foods. I do treat myself to a skinny cow icecream in the evenings and over Xmas I had a few thorntons chocolates but apart from that I try to be good.

I wish you all the luck in the world and just wanted to let you know that you won't regret it - you will get your life back.

Also - my sex life is amazing now lol

aww thanks for that emma, its really nice to know that things will change for the better, and i will try and stay away from the sweet foods dont fancy the dumping, i cant wait to go to the park and softplay area and not have people looking and pointing and saying nasty comments, i hate it.
my sex life is ok so cant wait for it to get better :) i cant wait to go into normal shops and buy clothes
emma xx

Back