• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After surgery pain??

jema

Hi all. Here I am asking daft questions again....
I have read quite a few posts on here, as well as some things on other sites, where a lot is mentioned about the pain/discomfort after surgery, and the trouble with wind. :hmm:
I have had 2 of my children by c-section and wondered if the days after this are anything like the days following bypass surgery..... I am aware that the best thing to relieve the wind is walking about as much as possible, but is it too painful to do so? :rolleyes:
The thought of the pain won't put me off, but I like to be prepared...
Thanks everyone.

I'm a little confused as you've posted this in the Banders section, but I think you're having a bypass?

If you are having a keyhole bypass then much of the post op pain will be trapped wind hun, but its not that bad. The more you walk the sooner it will be gone. We are all different so each of us will have a slightly different experience, and different pain thresholds, but you woman are tougher than us guys anyway so I reckon if a mard arse like can cope then you'll have no trouble with it

Good luck xxx

Hi

I'm pre-op but like you I'm a Caesarian vereran. Plus I had my gall bladder out in the pre-keyhole day when they sliced you open with a machete and played Operation with your innards (ok, ok that's an exaggeration) BUT they did cut through my stomach muscles for a length of 8 inches.

It was uncomfortable and sore but bearable plus it receded a lot quicker than I expected.

This is keyhole so, I hope, not as bad.

Like Karlos said though, we all have different thresholds of pain. I reckon you'll sail through without too much pain.

BTW - no question is daft. If you're curious - best to ask x

I have to say that i had 'open' surgery and have a cracking scar up my frontage :) The only pain i can remember from that day 13 months ago is a little bit of discomfort, a fear of coughs n sneezes, the wind pain is very very uncomfortable, like a chill in your back but it passes when you move....

As for walking, for goodness sake we give birth in the fields whilst doing the ironing, a bit of walking won't hurt you. Just remember you will have just had major surgery and your body needs rest :) xx

Whatever the pain and the discomfort you have it will be nothing compared to what you have had while being overweight, it will be well worth it in the end.

haha Phatmomma, giving birth in the fields whilst ironing is one of my sayings to the pregnant girls at work who are frightened to lift a box! One wonders how the human race survived pre- Health & Safety!!

Jema- I, too am a bit concerned about post-op pain wherever it comes from. My pain threshold is very low and I have a tendency to cry when in pain!! (What a woos!!) But its not going to put me off. I guess you just have to find a way of coping without eating anyway :) x

Back