• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting banded in august

scnewbie

Hi I'm new to this and have only started to get confidence up to write some posts. I'm going to Belgium in August!!' Yippee I'm so excited but have a million questions, one main one is ... Do you get pain medication for pain and discomfort after surgery? I'm not good with pain even though I've had 4 children!! I've read about trapped wind and pain in chest/shoulder area. But mainly the few days after surgery, do they give you anything to help with pain??? Thanks xxx

Hi

I have moved your thread into the banders section, yes you get pain relief post op. Theres no need to grin and bear it.

Have a look through some of the threads in this section, you may find some answers. Failing that ask away x

im sure you get pain relief we got soluble paracetomol and found walking best to get rid off wind pain good luck for your op

Hi and welcome. I didn't have much pain ... Was given soluble painkiller ... Like calpol, by the hospital. Best of luck :)

Hi

I was banded on Tuesday - I was given pain relief during my overnight stay and some to bring home, soluble tramadol and paracetamol, I also had bought some kids calpol myself as the soluble paracetamol reminds me of pernod!

The first couple of days I took the pain relief every 4 hours, then I have reduced it and as of today I took some calpol about 8am this morning and had have not had any since.

I have not really had any pain from my actual surgery, what I have suffered with is trapped wind in my shoulder. Thursday was the worst, took windeeze, drank warm water and moved around and it eventually eases. Yesterday and today it is still there but not as bad so hopefully it will get better day by day.

Good luck with your surgery - August will be here before you know it

Justine x

Thanks alot for all the replies. I'm very nervous and have so many things running through my head but I presume this is normal!

Welcome!

Yes it is entirely normal to have all these questions and to go on a rollercoaster of emotions as you get towards surgery! I've had my band 9 months and its the best thing I've ever done . . .not easy, it can be damn hard work, but still the best thing!

Thanks top-kat. I just keep reading the success stories on here and it helps me not think about any negative thoughts. Congrats on your weight loss I was looking at your photos WOW! You must be so proud of yourself! Well done you!! Where did you get your surgery done?

Thank you :) I need to update the pics as I've lost loads more since the last one was posted LOL

I had my surgery done via Healthier Weight but my surgery was at the Spire in Solihull with Mr Super - I'm still working to find restriction, had a blip after the last time with too much, and then it literally disappearing overnight, but haven't got to a point yet of it being right. And while the travelling back and forth for appointments for fills (about 2 hour round trip) is a pain its just been the most wonderful thing . . .

I find its the small things that make my weight loss hit home. Sitting on a camping chair and not being worried its going to collapse. Getting a pair of cheap shoes in primark - and a bra LOL Fitting into size clothes I've never fitted into, not having to worry about wearing "comfort shorts" when I wore a dress in this nice weather . .. small things, but BIG changes . .

It's not all easy going, it takes a lot of hard work, I still am very much aware that the band isn't the answer to the demons in the head, the sabotaging voice that says "just one won't hurt", I also know that if I put myself in a situation of temptation there are times I will give in, but, I'm finding a balance, working in finding out those issues and being in a place where I don't "ban" myself from any foods, especially as my provider doesn't ban any.

Still a long way to go . . .but 2/3rds of the way there almost :)

Wow that all sounds great. So good to hear your ups and downs it makes it sound real as we're only human and we must take the downs with the ups. Yes the battle goes on in your head, I've been battling since teenage years and then having my 4 children. I've been in counselling 6 years now for other things in my past but weight has been a factor too and I feel I've come along way now and I am mentally ready for this. I'm in Ireland and I'm going to Belgium in August. Your an inspiration as is most people on this. I cannot wait to join you!! Keep in touch I'd love to see your new photos and your further weight loss. Take care x

Back