• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Aftercare what aftercare??? The Hospital Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what I understood from a response she gave to another post. I'm sure she'll be along to correct us :)

I can't see in any posts that girly girl has had surgery. I asked in a previous post but no reply.

Not that it makes much difference but wonder if she is awaiting surgery or not.

If neither why would she be posting on here???

Hopefully she will pop in and let us know.

Before I had surgery I don't think I would be posting such negative comments x

I can't see in any posts that girly girl has had surgery. I asked in a previous post but no reply.

Not that it makes much difference but wonder if she is awaiting surgery or not.

If neither why would she be posting on here???

Hopefully she will pop in and let us know.

Before I had surgery I don't think I would be posting such negative comments x

Girlygirl has been asked repeatedly on several posts which wls she has had and does not reply to anyone on that question, personally speaking I would like to know what wls a member has b4 giving out advice , after all I wouldnt want to give a bypasser info on banding ( hope that makes sense) - The mind boggles
:p

No, this makes absolutely sense to me. If I knowingly give advice to a bander, I make sure they know it comes from a bypasser.

I havent seen that post before. Why hang out in wls forums though, why not go hang out at minimins for example, weird. Admirable thing to lose 140lb without wls but doesn't explain the attitude.

I personally do not want preaching from anyone else but who has gone through surgery. Thats my choice and thats why im here. If i wanted that, i'd go talk to my mum who was mega against surgery and stopped talking to me for weeks before my op because i was obviously doing this to kill myself... or some of my skinny friends who weigh 9 stones and complain they are too fat/they ate too much etc.

Even talking to my mu pisses me off she keeps asking how much i lost every single day because i went through so much and risked my life lol, she says she's trying to see if it was worth it all... As if its her to decide that... Anyway, rant over... X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I hate to say this but I think she talk some sence .I'm always hard on myself and a control freak just ask my kids.I do have to control everything in my life and as my husband is blind I control a lot of his too.I think eating is all part of that habit.

I hate to say this but I think she talk some sence .I'm always hard on myself and a control freak just ask my kids.I do have to control everything in my life and as my husband is blind I control a lot of his too.I think eating is all part of that habit.

Hello Mimi - We wasnt questioning what she said, more questioning how someone who has not had wls is offering people advice when they have not been through any wls procedure themselves, it like trying to teach someone how to drive when you cant drive yourself ( hope that makes sense;)) All the "googling" in the world doesnt have a patch on experience ( in my eyes) Girlygirl has done wonders to lose the weight she had done :D

I personally feel that if I've come on to a forum for advice I want someone who's been there hot the t-shirt. I can google too. Googling isn't the same as people who've been there seen how tough it is holding you up through the hard days. And I'm incredibly suspicious of her agenda and the truth of anything she says and happy to admit that.

Oh no don't get me wrong I totally agree with you never give advice unless you no wot your talking about I just meant about always being in control even wot we eat.

I'm glad her advice helped you. Personally I disagree, although we shouldn't dwell on bad days as that causes us to sabotage, it is up to us to try to plan for success. That's not the same as saying we have to be perfect, but I am too scared to not be in control, and I have the advantage of the malabsorption for the bypass.

I'm going to close this thread now, it was started in 2009 and the original poster is no longer an active member :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back