• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

air rage abuse now I'm scared to fly

folding wooden chairs for argos!!!!! In the middle of a childs party there was a loud crack and down I went, chair smashed to bits, I was mortified, everyone turned to look, oh the shame!!! I offered to buy another chair but very kindly my friend told everyone that the chair was already broken and he shouldn't have got it out, bless his concern. We all need good friends

People can be so nasty - I hope the airline staff stuck up for you gingernutter?

I was just going into my house a couple of years ago and a woman i'd never seen before told me i should go on a diet and lose weight unless i wanted to die... I can't repeat on here what i said back to her.

My main fears are:

Taking up too much room on a seat , whether its a plane, train or car.

Seat belts not fitting me

Not being able to fit on the rides at theme parks.

I also dont like walking with people incase they go too fast and i cant keep up.

Sarah you dont have to worry about the person you were as that person is changing day by day and you can look to the future with positivity and a renewed sense of what will be as the slimmer person you are fast becoming.
As others have said cast off the fears and pains of the past and know that things like that are unlikely to ever happen again.
Dont stop living because of the odd nasty person who doesnt know any better otherwise they have won..........

Jay xx

Wow, that is terrible, what a horrible woman. One day she WILL come accross someone who isn't quite so quiet to her nasty ways. Karma and all that.

My main fear and worry is theme park rides - I love rollercoasters and rides in general, so I worry myself terribly about it. Last time I went I found out that the seats on a certain rollercoaster were larger in rows 4 and 5. So I went to rows four and five to save myself the embaressement, only to have someone come up and ask me to move to the inside seats as those ones wouldn't hold me, ugh.

Though on the same day on another ride I couldn't belt up the seat belt part and was about to stand up as the guy came along checking restraints, I told him I couldn't fit and he said 'Sure you will!' and gave the restraints a good shove and a friendly smile. Thank you, whoever you were :).

Like others, plastic chairs. Public situations in general - I don't even like complaining as I'm worried what people are thinking. Tend to be the shy mouse and prefer to be around others so the attention is drawn off of me!

I really relate to the fears that people have shared here. It is comforting to know I am not alone in these thoughts!

I have never been on a plane before and am wondering if the seats will be big enough for me. I am going on holiday in May next year.
Anyone who has had problems with seats or seatbelts not fitting do you mind me asking what size you were at the time that happened?

Plastic chairs!!! They are my phobia lol, if I go anywhere and the chairs are plastic (bbq's,cafe's etc) I would rather stand and have back ache. I know what you lot mean about buffets and eating in public.x

All outside chairs are my phobia, When we go on holiday or out on a summers day if me and my family want to go to a pub or restaurant we have to sit inside cos outside chairs are normally too narrow.
Once in Spain the waitress saw this was gonna be a problem and got me a chair with no sides and although she meant well it took everyone's attention and then there were some giggles etc.
I become very aggressive when i feel intimidated which makes it worse cos then I'm that mad fat woman, my husband nearly dies with embarrassment sometimes.

I really relate to the fears that people have shared here. It is comforting to know I am not alone in these thoughts!

I have never been on a plane before and am wondering if the seats will be big enough for me. I am going on holiday in May next year.
Anyone who has had problems with seats or seatbelts not fitting do you mind me asking what size you were at the time that happened?

I was about a size 28 when I last flew. The seat was tight but not really uncomforably so and on the outward flight I managed to fasten the seatbelt (just) without an extension only because we were on the front row and extensions weren't allowed so I struggled until I got it fastened then hardly breathed all the way! On the flight back I asked for an extension and the flight attendant was lovely and very discreet.

I become very aggressive when i feel intimidated which makes it worse cos then I'm that mad fat woman, my husband nearly dies with embarrassment sometimes.

Oh I'm so glad that I'm not the only person! I embarrass myself sometimes - especially as I have a filthy mouth when I'm angry.

I slipped on some snow a couple of years ago and ruptured the ligaments in my ankle. I was on crutches (which are a nightmare because they are too tight on my arms and lifting my weight really hurts my wrists and palms) and we were booked on a 3 day cruise to Spain with P&O. We went anyway and boy was it rough :9529:

Decided to have a swim in the ship pool (or should I say glorified bucket). Was difficult to get in, was very deep and big drop from edge of pool to the surface of the water. Water sloshing because of waves outside! Then this "family" came in. Right load of chavs. Started divebombing and screaming/shouting etc. I was worried about them hitting my boys and my husband (who was sat on a bench watching) asked them to stop. The woman starts screeching that hubby had tried to touch her daughter :eek::eek::eek::eek: WTF! Then she starts on me calling me a f******* whale etc. I was so mad, I let rip. I wanted to tear her apart lol. I was offering her to come in the pool, she was offering me to get out lol. Trouble was, I really wanted to get out but it was gonna be painful and very difficult climbing the ladder because of my ankle. In the end, I just had to suck it up and get out. The whole family erupted into laughter and screaming jeers at me. They even thought it was funny that I couldn't walk properly when I grabbed my crutches.

I spent the rest of the time on the ship terrified that I would see her again, and that she would try to hurt me (just simply because I wasn't mobile enough to get away from her lol). Then I saw her as we were about to disembark from the ship. She saw me and ran away!! So she must have been just as worried as me lol.

I hate that sort of stuff though, because it all happened in front of my boys. I was so humiliated and b****y furious. I hate losing my rag like that. I wanted to smash her face in, b****h.

Thanks Tarara. That is a really helpful guide for me as I truely have no clue!
I am glad you got such a considerate steward; I have heard some horror stories on here about it!
x

Back